Located in Diobu area of Port Harcourt (Rivers State, Nigeria), The Rivers State University, previously called Rivers State University of Science and Technology, is an institution of higher learning established in 1972. It has the distinction of being the first technological university established in Nigeria and also the first university to be located in the Niger Delta region. As of 2014, it was rated the best E-learning institution in Nigeria and was ranked as the 15th best university in the country.
Faculties And Courses
Faculty of Sciences
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Animal and Environmental Biology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Plant Science and Biotechnology
- Department of Medical Laboratory Science
Faculty Of Engineering
- Department of Civil
- Highway Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Department of Marine Engineering
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Chemical/petrochemical Engineering
- Department of Agricultural And Environmental Engineering
Faculty of Law
- Department of Business Law
- Department of International Law
- Department of Public Law
- Department of Private and Property Law
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Department of Office And Information Management
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Management
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Banking And Finance
- Department of Accountancy
Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Land Survey
- Department of Estate Management
- Department of Quantity Surveying
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Urban And Regional Planning
Faculty of Agriculture
Department of Forestry and Environment
Faculty of Science and Technical Education
Requirements For Admission
- Applicants must possess at least of 5 credit passes in subjects related to their desired course of study which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents (results obtained at not more than two sittings).
- Applicants with Teachers Grade II (TC II) possessing passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or its approved equivalents will be considered. Subject won’t be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents.
- The applicant must score a minimum of 200 in the UTME to qualify for internal screening by the River State University of Science and Technology.
Applicants who took part in the post UTME screening exercise conducted by the school’s management in conjunction with the admissions unit, can now check their admission status online on the school portal or jamb admission portal.
The RSU admission list for the 2018/2019 academic session has been released and made available online.
How To Check
- Login to the university’s Admission status checking portal at http://ecampus.rsu.edu.ng/index.php.
- Find the Admission List Section and fill in your JAMB registration number in the appropriate column.
- Click the “Go” link to load your UTME and post UTME scores.
- Lastly, click on your registration number to reveal your RSU admission status.
- Successful candidates should accept/reject the offer on the JAMB website.
HERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE:
Check your status from the JAMB admission status checking portal, following this procedure:
- Go to JAMB’s official website at jamb.org.ng/efacility and login to your Jamb profile using your username and password.
- Click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab.
- Select your Exam year and fill in your registration number in the required columns.
- Lastly, click on ‘Check Admission Status‘ to reveal your RSU admission status.