The University of Abuja is not just among the tertiary institutions in the Capital State (Abuja) of the Country (Nigeria), it is amongst the top 10 ranked universities by the National Universities Commission; others include African Institute of Science and Technology, Baze University, Nigeria Turkish Nile University, Vertas University, National Open University, and Nile University.
University of Abuja popularly known as UNIABUJA was founded in 1988; it is a dual-mode university which runs a conventional learning program and also a distance learning program. UniAbuja is located at Kilometer 23, Airport Road, Abuja, Nigeria. List of Courses and the available faculties are listed below;
List Of Courses In All The Faculties In The University
|AGRICULTURE||Agricultural Economics and Extension, Animal Science, Crop Science and Soil Science|
|ARTS||English and Literature Studies, History, Linguistic and African Studies, Philosophy and Religion, and Theatre Arts|
|EDUCATION||Arts and Social Science Education, Counseling and Educational Psychology, Educational Management, and Science and Environmental Education|
|ENGINEERING||Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering|
|LAW||Private and Islamic Law, and Public and International Law|
|MANAGEMENT SCIENCE||Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, and Public Administration|
|SCIENCES||Biological Science, Computer Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Microbiology|
|SOCIAL SCIENCE||Economics, Geography and Environmental Management, Political Science, and Sociology|
|VETERNARY MEDICINE||Animal Health and Production, Veterinary Anatomy, Parasitology and Entomology, Veterinary Physiology and Biochemistry, Veterinary Pathology, Public Health and Prevention, Veterinary Theriogenology, Veterinary Microbiology and Veterinary Teaching Hospital|
READ ALSO- Kwarapoly Admission Portal: The Requirements For Different Courses, Admission Status And Other Info
Admission Requirements For Prospective JAMB/UTME Candidates Seeking Entry Into The Institution Includes The Following
- Prospective Candidates must be choose the institution as their Choice of University
- Candidates Cut-off mark must be at least 180 in the conducted UTME/JAMB examination and must also beat the present/current cut-off mark of the institution.
- All candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) credits passes in relevant subjects including English Language and relevant subjects related to their chosen course of study; which should not be more than two sittings.
- Prospective candidates must compulsorily sit for the Post UTME screening.
Note: In all cases, Credit mark is required in English Language and Mathematics from the O’Level Result. For all Science-based courses, Accounting, Sociology, Geography and Economics.For Remedial Science Program, Candidates must have an attempt in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biologyin the O’Level Examinations.
Step By Step Procedures On How To Check University Of Abuja Admission List
The University of Abuja admission list is only for candidates who sat for the Post UTME screening test and also beat the current cut-off mark of the institution. After meeting this requirement, the admission list can be checked by the steps stated below:
- Log on to http://portal.uniabuja.edu.ng/index.php
- Enter the JAMB Registration Number in the provided space.
- Click on the button Check Admission Status
Internal Screening Requirements Includes
- Original copy of JAMB result slip, Secondary School Testimonial
- Original document of the O’Level Certificate NOT Awaiting Result
- Original copy of Candidate birth declaration or birth certificate
- Recent passport photographs and other relevant results
UniAbuja also offer courses in Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s Degree and Doctorate of Philosophy levels.