The University of Lagos popularly called Unilag is a Federal Government institution established in October 1962. The University offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in its two campuses. The main campus is located at Akoka, Yaba, Lagos State and the second campus is at IdiAraba, Surulere, Lagos State.
The IdiAraba campus contains the College of Medicine and the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) and is not far away from the first. The University has a total of fourteen Faculties and Schools. This University is one of the most prestigious as evidenced by its large student body and its academic portfolio.
Admission Requirements Into The University Of Lagos
To gain entrance into this University, candidates must possess the following:
- They must have a score of 200 or more in the Post Utme examinations and must have chosen the University of Lagos as their first choice institution.
- They must possess a minimum of five credit passes at one sitting in subjects relevant to their chosen course of study and including in English and Mathematics
- They must be up to sixteen years old as at the time of the admission
- They must not be awaiting their O’level results
How To Register For Unilag Post Utme
To register for the Post Utme screening examination, candidates must do the following:
- Visit the school’s website at www.unilag.edu.ng
- Navigate to and click admissions
- Click on Post Utme Applications
- Enter your Utme number where your username is requested and enter your surname in lower case letters where your password is requested
- Generate a payment advice and print it
- Approach any commercial bank branch to make payments
- Alternatively, you can pay the sum of two thousand naira using your ATM card
- Log in to the portal to continue your application
- Upload your O’level results and your passport photograph
- Print your screening registration form and use this to enter for the examination on the stipulated date.
How To Check Your Post Utme Result
If you have taken the Post Utme examination and would like to check your Post Utme Results then you should the following:
- Visit the result checking portal at www.unilag.edu.ng/post-utme-aptitude-test-result/
- Navigate to and click on 2018/2019 Post Utme Result
- Follow the onscreen commands to view your result.
Result Calculation Procedure
It is advisable for you to be proactive and learn how to calculate your aggregate score. The chances of getting admitted are based on these factors. Factors you should take note of are explained below:
- Your O’level results accounts for 20% of your overall score
- Your Utme score accounts for 50%; and
- Your Post Utme score accounts for 30%.
To calculate your aggregate score which in turn determines your result; divide your Utme score by eight, divide your Post Utme score by two and add both results to your O’level result score.
You can get your O’level score by calculating subjects with A1 as 4, B2 as 3.6, B3 as 3.2, C4 as 2.8, C5 as 2.4 and C6 as 2.0.
If you add all this together and end up with a score lower than 40%, then you will not be getting admitted.