Kwara whose capital is Ilorin is a state in the the Western Region of Nigeria, located within the Middle belt and occupied with different ethnic group primarily Yoruba,and minorities of Fulani, Nupe, and Bariba. Institutions in Kwara includes a Federal University, State University (The University of Ilorin), Kwara state University, Federal Polytechnic Offa, Kwara State Polytechnic and other institutions such as Private Universities, Colleges, Naval School and Aviation College.
About The Institution
Kwara State Polytechnic known as Kwara Poly is among the state-owned tertiary institution in Nigeria. It is a public institute located in Adabata, Ilorin-East, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria. It was established in announced in 1971 and was established in 1973 by then Military Governor of the State Col. David Bamigboye. This institution is accredited to issue Certificates By Merit to qualified graduates This institution also offers postgraduate programs for Students who Intends continuing their education to the University. Courses accredited in the institution include:
- Agricultural Engineering/Technology
- Agricultural Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Estate Management and Valuation
- Hospitality Management
- Leisure and Tourism Management
- Metallurgical Engineering Technology
- Office Technology and Management
- Public Administration
- Quantity Surveying
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
Entry Requirement For The National Diploma (ND) Candidates Of The Institution
Candidates seeking admission into the National Diplomatic Program of the Institution must meet up to the following entry requirements as stated below:
- Candidates must be over 16 years of age,
- Candidates Cut-off mark must be at least 150 in the conducted UTME/JAMB examination and must also beat the present/current cut-off mark of the institution
- Candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) credits passes in relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics either at GCE, O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or other approved examinations of the institution.
- Five (5) credit passes in the above examinations should not be more than two sittings.
Candidates seeking admission into the Higher National Diplomatic Program of the Institution must meet up to the following entry requirements as stated below in addition to the National Diplomatic requirement;
- Minimum of Lower Credit that is, (CGPA of 2.50) in the National Diploma (ND); in the relevant field to the intended course of study.
- Candidates with a pass grade must have industrial experience in Post-National Diploma for two years before being considered for admission.
- Evidence showing one-year of Industrial Training, that is, post-ND Cognate experience.
- Candidates must possess a transcript especially those from other institution.
After taken in the entrance examination, the Admission Status of the Polytechnic is simply checked by the steps stated below:
- Log on to https//kwarapoly.waeup.org/applicants/checkstatus
- Login to the Applicant area.
- “Admission Status” on the left menu is clicked on.
- Enter the Applicant ID and Password (the surname registered with).
- Enter the figures in the Captcha box ( used for verification of authenticity and genuineness of the applicant)
- “Submit” button should be clicked on to access the admission status.