Bayero University Kano (BUK) is a university located in Kano, Kani state. It was first established in 1960 by the Northern Nigeria Ministry of Education when it was called Bayero University College later it was changed to Ahmadu Bello College (After the premier of Northern Nigeria Ahmadu Bello) before it was finally changed to Bayero University Kano in 1975 upon the establishment of Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria, Kaduna state.
Direct Entry Requirements
- Applicants must possess a minimum of five credit passes in O’ level (WASCE/NECO/GCE) at not more than two sittings including English for all applicants and Maths for science based courses.
- Applicants must possess any of these: OND with merit, NCE with merit, IJMB with a minimum of eight points, HND with a pass, GCE (A level) with three credits or A levels certificate.
- Applicants must obtain Direct entry form from JAMB.
READ ALSO- How To Register Courses, Pay School Fees And Check Result In Kano University Of Science And Technology Online
Direct Entry Application Procedure
- Visit the BUK website at http://mybuk.buk.edu.ng/bukdes2018/bukdes_login.php
- Login with your Direct Entry no, enter the programme applied for and your gender.
- Upload your recent passport photograph not less than 32kb and either in jpg or jpeg format.
- Input the following details: date of birth, local government of origin, phone no used to register for JAMB, valid email address and alternate email address, next of kin, phone no of next of kin, contact address and full names
- Update your O’ level results. You can submit a maximum of two different O’ level exam results. Also update your A’ level results or NCE results. NCE holders should supply the Education subject information followed by any two teach subjects.
- Generate BUK personalized payment form (BUKPPF) which includes the information needed to pay through the Remita e-payments platform.
- Generate a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR). The RRR ties your payment to your application account. Obtain your RRR, take it to the bank and pay. Pay the sum of two thousand five hundred naira (#2,500) at any branch of the designated banks listed on your invoice.
- After paying, log into your application account and submit the RRR used for payment
- Print your application acknowledgement slip after verifying your payment.
- Fresh students must create an account with a username and password.
- Authenticate your account then login with your username and password.
- Update your profile with your phone number and valid email
- Generate and download the student information form.
- Pay the registration fees indicated on the BUK Personalized payment form (BUKPPF), read and understand the instructions then pay via the Remita platform.
- Generate, download and print the student payment receipt (SPR) to continue with registration.
- Register your courses then download and print the course registration form.
- Also print the Registration Acknowledgement slip (RAS) to show that you have successfully completed all the registration email@example.com