IBB UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS AND SCREENING
Here is all you need to know about IBB University Admission
- Applicants with adequate qualifications for a proposed course of study would be considered for admission into IBB University, as long as they have attained the age of sixteen (16) as at the first day of October in the year of their admission.
- Applicants seeking admission to the institution for any Course of study must satisfy all the conditions set by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Abuja (for both Direct Entry and UTME).
- For admission to any degree course, applicants must also satisfy the entrance requirements of the University. For some degree courses, additional faculty and departmental requirements also apply.
- It is an obligation for all Candidates offered admission into the University to submit to the Academic Office for scrutiny, all certificates as well as valid documentary evidence of examination and age qualification.
- The institution retains all the right to accept or reject an application for admission to any particular course of study in the University for any reason.
- The institution reserves the right to withdraw any offer of admission if it discovers any trace of discrepancy or forgery during the admission procedure.
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) applicants will be admitted into the first year (100 level) of any 4/5 year degree programme on condition that:
- They have spent 6years in a Secondary School, an approved college or institute of equivalent status.
- They possess either of the following qualifications:
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.E.) National Examinations Council Certificate (NECO) or the West African School Certificate (WASC) or General Certificate in Education (GCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) with passes at credit level in at least five subjects including Mathematics and English Language, results obtained at not more than two sittings.
- The Teachers Grade II Certificate (for education courses only) having Credit/Merit in at least five relevant subjects including Mathematics and English Language.
- NABTEB O’ level with Credits in a minimum of 5 relevant subjects.
READ ALSO- First Bank Mobile App: How To Download, Register And Different Transactions With The Limit Per Transfer
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates with these qualifications may be considered for admission by direct entry into any 200 level 4/5 Year degree programme:
- Two Credit passes at the advanced level and SSCE/GCE O’ level Credit passes in five subjects, relevant to their desired course of study, gotten at not more than two sittings.
- Upper Credit at the National Diploma and SSCE/GCE O’ level credit passes in five subjects, relevant to their desired course of study, gotten at not more than two sittings.
- Passes at credit level in two major subjects in the NCE with SSCE /GCE O’ level credits or equivalent with five necessary subjects.
- Two passes at minimum of C grade in the Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) Examinations or equivalent with SSCE/GCE O’ level, credit passes in five necessary subjects obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Credit passes in Mathematics and English Language are required for every course.
Here Are The Steps For The Result Submission/Screening Process:
- Every UTME/DE prospective candidate must check/verify their eligibility for the Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University UTME/DE O’Level results screening/verification exercise.
- Successful applicants are required to generate & print the payment permission slip with banks details on it OR pay online through Interswitch WebPAY.
- The candidate must make a payment of; TWO THOUSAND NAIRA ONLY (N 2,000 : 00 K) – to submit either ONE(1) or TWO(2) O’LEVEL RESULT(s), Including bank/transaction charges.
- Fill in your JAMB Registration Number to confirm your eligibility. If eligible;
- Fill in your phone number & other required information to proceed.
- The transaction ID/invoice will be generated for the candidate.
- The applicant is to select preferred payment option (Interswitch Branch Collect OR Interswitch webPAY).
- After generating Branch Collect, a transaction ID/invoice slip will be generated which will be printed out.
- Proceed to any of the following banks for payment through the Interswitch platform (Fidelity Bank, First bank, Heritage Bank, Keystone Bank, Skye Bank, Sterling Bank, Unity Bank, United Bank of Africa and many other banks).
- Should you select webPAY as the preferred payment option, the applicant will be re-directed to Interswitch webPAY page to make the payment online.
- More details on how to use the Interswitch payment platform could be found on the UTME/DE Result Screening Portal.
After payments, log into the portal using your UTME Reg. No & Phone No.
Applicants are advised to input their results and any other requested information accurately on the portal. After submission, applicants may print out their submission acknowledgement slip for personal references alone.