General Admission Requirements For Benue State University Postgraduate
It is mandated that Applicants meet the relevant O’Level requirement for an award of a First Degree of the Benue State University:
A Credit in English is required for all courses;
A Credit in Mathematics is required for all Science based courses, Management Sciences, Economics and Faculty of Environmental Sciences;
A Pass in Mathematics is required for other Social Sciences and non- Science Education Courses. Psychology requires at least a Pass in Biology or Flealth Sciences;
‘O’ Level Credit pass in Economics is required for all Management Science courses and Economics;
A Credit pass in ‘O’ Level Literature is required for programmes in the Departments of English, Languages & Linguistics, Theatre Arts and Law, while a Pass in Literature is required for Language Education programme;
Benue State University Postgraduate – General Regulations
- All programmes begin with Course Work and end at Project for Postgraduate Diplomas or Dissertation and Thesis for Master and Ph.D degrees respectively. Degree Programme duration goes thus: Postgraduate Diploma programmes shall be of one year minimum and two years maximum duration.
- Master Degree programmes shall normally be of one academic year minimum duration for full-time and two years for part-time candidates. The duration shall not normally exceed two years for full-time and three years for part-time candidates.
- Doctorate Degree programmes shall normally be of three years minimum duration for full-time and five years for part-time candidates. The duration shall not exceed five years for full-time and seven years for part-time candidates.
**** Candidates must request a transcript from their former Institution which will be forwarded to the management of Benue state University****
READ ALSO- How To Register On University Of Nigeria Nsukka Postgraduate Program And All You Must Know
Benue State University Postgraduate Admission Method of Application
- Applicants are to visit https://portal.bsum.edu.ng/postGraduate.jsp and complete some pre-registration information and submit. Once submitted, an Application Number will be generated. Print a copy of the pre-registration form.
- Payment of a non refundable 10,000 is required at the designated banks with the Form by candidates
- All applicants are advised to re-visit the Benue State University Portal under Application module and click on Postgraduate to complete the Application Form.
- Then upload academic credentials and other relevant documents and submit on-line. Please, print a hard copy of the completed form for reference purposes.
- Applicants are to ensure that the on-line reference forms are completed by the three referees.
Please note that applications without relevant documents uploaded will not be considered.
When the application process is over and the applicant is offered admission for Postgraduate studies, Applicants are advised to follow the following procedures to get started with higher education at Benue state University.
Acceptance Fee Payment Procedure
- Applicants will have to make a Admission Verification payment fee of four hundred (N400.00) naira only using the e-payment procedure.
- An acceptance fee of ten thousand naira only using the e-payment procedure is required.
- The Guidelines on e-payment are as follows:
- Visit www.bsum.edu.ng or https://www.portal.bsum.edu.ng
- Open the e-payment platform by clicking on it to access the E-payment form
iii. Select programme (Postgraduate) Payment Category. Type in Application Number, Select session or semester as applicable.
- Applicants will have to generate a payment number by clicking on the Generate Payment Reference
- Click on link to proceed.
- Visit any of the following Bank Branches nation-wide to make a cash payment.
▪ Fidelity Bank Plc
▪ Zenith Bank Plc
▪ ECO Bank Plc
▪ Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
▪ Sterling Bank Plc
▪ Diamond Bank Plc
- Candidates are to go to the bank after completing and printingout their Payment Reference Number slip from the e-payment platform from the University website or Portal and take it to the bank.
- When the payment is made, candidates are to return to the School portal to login and print out their Payment Receipt.