Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri is a state owned polytechnic established on January 1973. The polytechnic started as a Government Technical College before it was upgraded to the status of a polytechnic and renamed in conformity with a Federal Government initiative to rename all colleges of Technology in the country to polytechnic on August 1979.
The polytechnic is fully accredited and recognized as part of National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) requirements and the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE). It has thirty academic departments structured into five schools which are:
The school of Agriculture and Applied sciences, the school of Engineering and Bio-Environmental technology, school of Environmental studies, school of Management studies and the school of Vocational and Technical Education. Ramat Polytechnic offers full time and part- time courses leading to ND, HND and NCE in various disciplines. Pre-ND programme is also run in sciences and science-related courses to prepare students into the ND programme.
- Requirements for admission into Pre-ND,Pre-NCE and certificate prigrammes are five credit passes in O’level including English Language, Maths and any three relevant core subjects in the area of study.
- Applicants must write and choose Ramat Polytechnic in UTME organized by JAMB and score not less than 150. Successful applicants from the Pre-ND programme are also eligible for admission although they must also write UTME and possess five credit passes in O’level
- Applicants seeking admission into HND programme must possess ND certificate not lower than lower credit in addition to one year of industrial attachment. Candidates with a pass must possess two years of experience after graduation to be eligible for admission into the HND programme.
HND And ND Courses / Departments in RAMATPOLY
- Agricultural Engineering / Technology
- Agricultural Technology
- Animal Health And Production Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Banking And Finance
- Building Technology
- Business Administration and Management
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Estate Mangement And Valuation
- Hospitality Management
- Local Government Studies
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Office Technology And Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
Ramat Polytechnic Applications Process
- Interested applicants should go to Diamond Bank Plc, Maiduguri opposite speacialist hospital and pay the sum of #2000 for Pre-ND or Pre-NCE form, #4000 for HND and ND application form.
- Submit the bank teller to the Polytechnic’s bursary department before collection of the form.
- Collect the form and fill it correctly then submit.
Check Admission Status/Post- UTME Results
- Visit the official website at www.ramatpoly.edu.ng/admissions
- Enter your application number and name
- Click on the “Search” button and your admission status will be displayed.
New Students Registration Processes And Requirements
- Go to your department to obtain a clearance form and proceed to your local Government of indigene clearance officers to get cleared for your indigene clearance.
- Go to the bursary department to get specification for your registration fee.
- Proceed to the designated banks to pay your registration fee and school fees .Obtain your portal scratch card also from the bank when you pay.
- Proceed to the ICT centre with your payment teller and scratch card for activation.
- Log into the portal using your card number and pin code
Ramat Polytechnic Portal Registration
- Visit the portal website at portal.ramatpoly.edu.ng/login.php
- Click the button “Registration”
- Enter your card no and pin code in the fields provided then click the button “Login”
- Select the link “Register courses”.
- Select your required courses then click ” Save and submit”
- Print out the course form and make sure it is signed by your course officer and Head of Department.
School Fees For Both ND And HND Programs
- ND #60,000
- HND #80,000