Covenant University (CU) is a privately owned Christian university, owned and operated by the Living Faith Church Worldwide. The university was established in October 1999 and is a product of the Liberation Commission and the Living Faith Church Worldwide which was founded by Dr. David Oyedepo.
It started academic operations in 2001 and presently runs programmes in four colleges and a school of Postgraduate studies. Covenant University School of Postgraduate Studies was set up to develop and implement Postgraduate programmes which will provide the foundation for achieving the University’s goal of being a leading Research university.
Postgraduate Programme Duration
- Masters ( M.Sc/MBA/MTech/M.A/M.Eng/M.Ed) This runs for a minimum of three semesters and could also be extended. It is a full time programme except for the MBA Executive which runs on weekends only and runs for four semesters or two sessions.
- Pre- Doctorate degree (PhD) This is a full time programme that runs for six semsters or three sessions.
- All candidates should access the Application form on the university’s portal, fill the form with all necessary information and submit along with copies of all relevant documents such as: First degree certificate, Academic transcripts, Reference letters, NYSC discharge certificate/Exception/Exclusion Certificate (For Nigerians) and a 500 word statement of intent in the proposed Research area. Academic transcripts should be sent through Courier service and addressed to the Dean, School of Postgraduate studies.
- Candidates wishing to apply for admission into the Masters program must possess a Bachelor’s degree either from Covenant University or any other recognized university with a grade not less than a second class lower division in the relevant discipline. HND holders (Upper credit) and candidates with Third class Bachelor’s degree must possess Postgraduate Diploma before they can be considered for admission into the masters programme.
READ ALSO- How To Apply For The Babcock University Postgraduate Program, Check Result And All You Must Know
- Candidates wishing to apply for admission into the PhD programme must possess both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree either from Covenant or any other recognized university. The Master’s degree must have a minimum grade of 4.00 on a 5.00 scale or 60%.
- Candidates wishing to apply for admission into the MBA programme must possess a first degree not less than a Second class lower in relevant discipline. Candidates with Third class Bachelor’s degree or HND lower credit must also possess a Postgraduate diploma with a minimum grade of 3.50 in addition to professional qualification (ACA/ICAN/ACIB) to qualify for admission.
- Candidates wishing to apply for admission into the PGD programme must possess a university degree not less than Third class division or HND upper or lower credit to be considered for admission.
Postgraduate Application Process
- Visit the official website at http://sps.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/
- Locate the 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admissions link then click it
- Create a personal account for your admission process
- An email will be sent to your mail to confirm and log into your account. Log into your account from the mail and fill the online application form.
- Click the submit button after filling the form correctly
- You will then be redirected to the payment page. Pay the sum of #15,000 and additional transaction charge of #600 for bank payment and #900 for online payment.
- After paying, upload your passport then copy your application number.
List Of Approved Banks
- Covenant University Microfinance Bank
- GT Bank
Postgraduate Screening Exercise
All candidates will undergo a written and oral test in the desired programme. The cutoff score for admission is 50% and candidates scoring less than this are not eligible for admission. Academic transcripts must have been received before the final admission could be processed.