Bayero University Kano (BUK) was established in 1977 and was then called Bayero University College before it was upgraded to a university status and renamed after the Premier of Northern Nigeria, Ahmadu Bello.
The university has about 13 faculties and several research centres such as the Center for Advanced Medical Research, Center for Infectious Diseases, Center for Gender Studies, Center for Islamic studies, Center for Dryland Agriculture, Center for Biotechnology Research, Center for Renewable Energy and the Center for the Study of Nigerian languages among others. BUK is also home to the International Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance. It is located along Kano-Gwarzo Road, Kano state.
BUK Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- All Applicants to the institution must possess at least five credit passes in O’level either WAEC/NECO/GCE including Maths and English in not more than two sittings.
- A first degree not lower than a second class lower. Third class degree holders must possess PGD in order to be qualified for a Masters admission.
- Applicants applying for PGD must possess any of the following: HND from an accredited polytechnic lower credit or university Third class degree from a university
- Applicants for PhD who have obtained Masters degree but with weighted average score below 60% (55-59) can only be admitted into the M.phil program before they can qualify for admission into the PhD programme
- Ph.D applicants must possess a Masters degree with a weighted average score of 60% from any recognized university.
- All students must possess NYSC discharge certificate, exemption letter or exclusion certificate before they can be admitted into any postgraduate programme.
Postgraduate Application Procedure
- Click on “Register” on the left navigation panel in order to go to the create account page. When you get the page, create an account by entering your first name, middle name, last name, email and personal phone no. Login credentials such as username and password will be generated for you and sent into your email. Log into your account through your mail using your login credentials to start your application process.
- Print your personalized invoice for payment then go to any branch of the designated banks to pay an application processing fee of #10,500
- Go back to the login page using your username and password then fill in the application form, programme selection form, personal data form and qualification forms
- Fill the transcript request form
- Review all the forms then submit
- Print the acknowledgement slip
Postgraduate Registration Process
- All students needs to authenticate their studentship using their Admission letter serial no, application number and registration number.
- After authentication, login with your username and password to continue your registration.
- The first step is to update your profile
- Generate and download your Student Information Form (SIF) then print it out
- Generate, download and print a BUK Personalized Payment Form. Registration fees are reflected on the payment form. Ensure you enter the information correctly as it is contained in the BUKPPF
- After paying the necessary registration fees, the payment will be validated and processed. The next step is to generate and download Student Payment Receipt (SPR)
- After printing the SPR, you can register for your courses.
- Register for your courses and print and download a Course Registration Form (CRF)
- You would lastly have to print a Registration Acknowledgement Slip (RAS) to acknowledge that you have successfully completed your registration process.