Bayero University, Kano lies gallantly on Kano-Gwarzo Road, Kano. It was established in 1977 and was initially a College. It was changed from Bayero University College to Bayero University College to Bayero University in 1977. Before this in 1960, it was Ahmadu Bello College in honour of the Premier of Northern Nigeria, Ahmadu Bello.
The University has thirteen Faculties as follows: Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Arts and Islamic Studies, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Management Science, Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, Faculty of Earth and Environmental Studies, Faculty of Social. The Bayero University offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
If you have chosen this University in the recently concluded Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), here is all you need to know about the Post Utme Application procedure.
Bayero University Kano ( BUK), Post UTME Application Procedure is enlisted below ;
- Visit the official website ; www.buk.edu.ng. Then click Post UTME application portal on the home page.
- Login by using your UTME number and UTME aggregate (total score), then upload a recent passport size photograph of you.
- Complete the applicant particulars form.
- Print your personalized payment referrence and use this referrence to make the payment of 2,500 naira. Payment can be done on any of the listed Bank on your referrence nation wide.
- After payment, visit www.buk.edu.ng and login again using the instruction in number 2 above.
Your payment would be made valid, then you can print your personalized exam card .
NOTE ; No applicant without the valid examination card will be allowed to sit for the post-UTME
- Prospective applicants must have sat for the UTME Examination and chose BUK as his/her first choice and also must have scored an aggregate of 180 or higher in the relevant subject as advertised in the UME Brochure.
- Prospective applicants must have a minimum of five relevant passes at credit level in their senior secondary certificate examination (SSCE) for either West African Examination Council(WAEC) or in National Examination Council (NECO) in not more than two sittings, including pass at credit level in English.
CUT OFF MARK FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
The cut off mark for Bayero University is 180 marks although some departments’ cut off mark is as high as 220. To enter the school however, you have to be well above the cut off mark to be on the safe side. You should find out the cut off mark for your intended department and try to score above it in your Jamb. If you have taken Jamb already, then make sure to beat the Post Utme cut off mark. The school will make this known from time to time.
POST- UTME TEST
Date for the test would be communicated through the media and as well through SMS and through Email of prospective applicants.
Venue, Time and sitting arrangements would be documented on the applicants examination cards.
So, that is all you need to know about the exercise. Jump in and register for your screening.