Who else want to join the Nigerian Maritime University? If you are interested, then read on. This institution is a new federal government university that is located in Okerenkoko, Kurutie Warri South West Local Government Area of Delta State. They have been approved by the National university commission (NUC) to undertake the undergraduate degree programmes which will lead to the award of BSc degree certificate after completion or graduation.
The fact that Nigerian Maritime University is a new University simply mean that it won’t be competitive, so we advise candidates to choose them as their first choice. Choosing them as your first choice will gives you a quicker opportunity to be considered for immediate admission.
However, for now the only problem this institution has is that they only have fewer faculties which are just 3 and fewer courses which means you only have few options to choose from.
For example, if you are interested in studying optometrist, medicine and surgery, biochemistry, and other professional health science course like nursing, the institution don’t have such type of department for now.
But however, if your intention is to study law, management sciences, and engineering then you can consider this school and be rest assured of admission as long as you scored up to 180 in your JAMB.
The Available Faculties In Nigerian Maritime University For Admission
There are just 3 faculties in this university which are stated below:
The faculty of Engineering
The Facility of transport.
The Faculty of environmental management.
It will be good to note some of the programme that are offered in this faculties are pure science, engineering, law, social and management science, and marine sciences.
READ ALSO- How To Enroll For Study Permit In Canada, The Requirements And All The Fees
The General Requirements For All Applicants
- You should have the current JAMB UTME exams result before you apply
- Candidates must have the required five (5) credits passes in your SSCE, NECO, and GCE ‘O’ level result.
- Note that the ‘O’ level result should be at least two sittings.
- Candidates must meet up with the maritime university cut off mark which is 180 for all courses
- Candidates must not be an undergraduate of any universities or tertiary institution.
The Other Necessary Documents That Will Be Needed To Process Your Form And Admission:
- All candidates must have and provide their birth certificate or declaration of age.
- All candidates must have and provide their complete O level results, and note that this should be in their original or statement of result format.
- The secondary school leaving testimonial of candidates will also be needed.
- And with your application fee you should then proceed to apply.
Here Is How To Register For The Nigeria Maritime University Delta State For This Year admission Session
- All candidates should visit the school website, because the application form of the Nigerian Maritime University Admission can be downloaded online via www.nmu.edu.ng
- Candidates should then login to the official portal once the portal opens, click on the online undergraduate Admission Application form.
- After you must have submitted your online application form for the Nigerian Maritime University, you will still have to print the acknowledgement slip that will be sent to your email.
- But, if you find all this very tedious to do, you will be given the opportunity to come for a manual registration that will take place in the Admissions Office of the University at Kurutie Campus.