Almost every international students require a Study Permit to study in Canada. The question now is what is a study permit? It is a document that is issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that gives a foreign national the opportunity to study in Canada for a limited time.
The Requirements For Study Permit
For any person to be qualified to submit an application for the Canadian study permit, the applicant must:
- Get a letter of acceptance from an institution in order to submit an application for a study permit
- Show that you have enough finance to cover the first year of tuition fee, as well as living expenses and return transportation to your home country
- You must not have any criminal background. The IRCC may also request an applicant to supply a police clearance certificate
- You will have to be in good health. And also the IRCC may request an applicant to complete a medical test
You May Also Be Asked To Submit The Documents Below
- The applicant’s passport (and every family member that is included on the application, if applicable)
- A recent passport photos of the applicant (and each family member that is included on the application, if applicable) with date of birth and the full name written on the back
- A duplicate copy of marriage certificate, if applicable
- And any other required documents by specific visa offices.
How To Enroll For The Study Permit
1: First thing is to know if you are qualified to apply for your Study Permit online by going to the Canadian Immigration web portal via www.cic.gc.ca and fill out the questionnaire on check your eligibility to apply
After you must have successfully completed the questionnaire, you will be asked to answer questions about your studies in Canada, for instance, if you will require a co-op work permit, if you are an exchange student, and if you have family accompanying you, etc. make sure that you answer correctly, and then continue.
Once you are qualified to apply for the Study Permit online, you will be given a personalized reference code (something like this AP756967260)
2: you have to print your “Document Checklist” and ensure you take note of your personal reference code which is found on the first line, because you will need it during your online application process.
3: you will need to login to your MyCIC account (you should register for an account if you have not) and then go to steps 5, 6, and 7, on your “Document Checklist” for more instructions.
4: it is a must to complete the “Application for a Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1294)” PDF form which is included in the “Document Checklist”.
5: you will need to collect all of the supporting documents that are listed on your personalized “Document Checklist”
6: you must pay the required Processing fee which is $150 CAD, and it must be paid online using a debit card or credit card.
7: you will then wait to receive your Study Permit letter of introduction which will be issued via your MyCIC account. Then print this letter, and once you arrive at Canada, present it to the Canadian Border Services Agent and your actual Study Permit will be issued.