The Prestigious university of Abuja situated in the Country’s capital was established on January 1,1988 as a dual mode university with the vision to run conventional and distance learning programs. The University has two campuses with the main one located along Abuja Airport road and a mini campus in Gwagwalada. The university has nine faculties, a college of health science and two schools; the school of remedial studies and the school of postgraduate studies.
The School Of Postgraduate Studies
The institution offers postgraduate degrees in the following categories.
- Postgraduate Diploma- In Education, Business, Public administration, Political science, Banking and finance, Engineering, statistics, Food hygiene, veterinary epidemiology etc.
- Masters degree- In sciences, Arts, Business administration, public administration, Education, law, philosophy, Environmental planning and protection, Public health, Engineering, etc
- Doctorate degree- PhD in various fields and departments.
- Applicants must have obtained at least 5 credits including Maths and English in not more than two sittings in WASCE/NECO/GCE
- A good first degree in a relevant field of study from UniAbuja or any recognized university plus three years of postgraduate experience. Candidates seeking admission into postgraduate diploma must possess a first degree with a third class lower or HND lower credit while candidates for masters must possess at least a second class lower first degree .
- Candidates will write an entrance exam or interview for assessment.
- PhD candidates must possess a masters degree with a PhD grade from 60 and above
- PhD candidates must attach a 500 words research proposal
READ ALSO- Ecobank Express Cash: How To Get Started And The Benefits With Functions
- Visit the university’s official portal on www.pgportal.uniabuja.edu.ng
- Pay application fee of #20,500 into the university of Abuja account through REMITA ( Ensure you pay into uniAbuja account via REMITA via the university portal).
- Fill in the application form then submit.
- Check your admission status by visiting http://pgportal.uniabuja.edu.ng/index.php/new/checkadminstatus.
- Enter your formID in the space provided.
- Click admission status and check if you have been offered admission.
How To Register
- Go to pgportal.uniabuja.edu.ng and click the postgraduate portal
- Read the general information bulletin then close it
- Click new students then proceed to check your admission status
- Enter your form ID then click check admission status
- If you have been offered admission, click pay admission notification fee of #4,500.
- Pay admission notification fee through the bank or through your debit card
- Print your admission notification letter
- Download your admission pack , other supporting documents and the set of instructions necessary to ensure a stress free payment and registration process.
- Fill your biodata form (This form contains your personal info and passport photo to enable your department and postgraduate school have your full details)
- Get payment details.
- Postgraduate Diploma (Depending on department) #79,000-124,000
- Masters Degree(depending in department)- #99,000-180,000
- Masters in Business Administration (Executive)-#289,500
- Masters in Business Administration (Fulltime)-#189,500
- PhD Degree-#130,000-190,000
3 thoughts on “How To Register On University Of Abuja Postgraduate Studies And All You Need To Know”
A third class in English Education.. can I also apply for my post graduate diploma in English Education in uniabuja too….plz very urgent.
Yes you can. Kindly visit the school for proper advise.