We want to use this medium to inform all the candidates who participated in the last JAMB UTME that the change of JAMB course and/or institution has commenced.
Please note that this change of institution and course was introduced to allow JAMB candidates who already know their scores and have verified the cut-off mark of their chosen institutions, to make all necessary changes in their choice of course and institution relative to their score.
In case you scored 180 in the JAMB examination and you choose a competitive Institution such as University of Ilorin, UNILORIN, University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT, then you can now apply for a less competitive one to increase your chance of getting admission. And again if you chose a popular/competitive course such as Surgery and Medicine, Accounting, etc. when your score is 199 and below, then you really need to apply for change of course and/or institution.
What You Need To Know First
Please pay attention to the info below, you will not be able to correct any mistake you made hereafter.
- Note that all interested candidates should know the Changes of Course and/or Institution you would like to make changes to.
- Make sure that the cut off mark of the school you are changing to is not high
- Note that you can change one or all your courses/institutions at the same time.
- Please note that once the form is submitted, you will NOT be able to make any changes again
- All candidates should opt for course/Institution that aligns with their subject combination. In case you don’t do this, your school will screen you out.
- Please note that most schools has a lot of candidates already, like University of Ilorin. Make sure you have up to 2 to 4 options, should in case your preferred choice is not available, you can take the next option.
Please note that the JAMB change of course scratch card is sold at the rate of Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N2,500.00) only.
READ ALSO- How To Open UBA SME Loan Account, The Requirements And Terms
THE PROCEDURES FOR JAMB CHANGE OF INSTITUTION OR COURSE
All candidates should note that this process can only be done at accredited Computer Based Test, (CBT) Centers. (New Update: You can now process the change of institution/course via your JAMB Profile.
But for 2017 and above (to 2019), follow the procedure outlined below to change your data on JAMB portal.
- Visit the link to get started, www.jamb.org.ng/efacility
- Then click on Registration (2019 only)
- Then click on 2019 UTME Data Correction
- After which, click on Make Payment. Note: for now we are only interested in the Choice of Institution/Course Correction
- Then click on the Pay Now. Please take note of the Transaction ID.
- Once done, review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. And also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. This Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. Note that a copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- Then click on the Continue button and you will be asked to select how you want to pay. (note that JAMB has the option for paying via: Internet banking, MasterCard, Visa, PAGA/POCKETMONI), so if you select to pay with your MasterCard, continue with the steps below;
- So on the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- Note that the status of your payment will be displayed on the My Payment Section, an SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Then click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide Year of Exam and JAMB Registration Number.
- Next, after entering the information correctly, new options for preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. The options available will be based on availability.
- Then click Submit to complete your application.
- Once done, JAMB will now process your application. And if Approved, your details will be changed as requested.