Ebonyi State University (EBSU) was established in Abakaliki, the capital of Ebonyi State in 1999. EBSU offers different academic programmes ranging from pre-degree to postgraduate levels. The university was established to equip students with world class academic education to train them to be technologically inclined, resourceful and have an entrepreneurial mindset. EBSU offers post-secondary, undergraduate and postgraduate certificate in various disciplines.
Admission Criteria Into EBSU Undergraduate Programmes.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of five credit passes in O’ level (NECO/WASCE/GCE)in not more than two sittings
- Applicants must select EBSU as first choice in UTME conducted by JAMB and score a minimum score of 180 or above.
How To Apply For Post- UTME Screening
- Visit the official website at ebsu-edu.net and click on the EBSU portal
- Click on “Online Registration” and click 2018/2019 admission screening application
- Type your JAMB registration number, valid phone number and email address
- Generate a payment invoice containing your personal details then proceed to the listed bank on the invoice to pay via the e-tranzact platform. Obtain your e-tranzact confirmation order number or PIN from the bank.
- You will Go back to the portal at portal.ebsu-edu.net/Modules/Applications/Default.aspx then enter your confirmation order number or PIN from the bank, fill and complete the form correctly.
- Enter your O’level results, confirm your entries then submit your application.
- Print out your acknowledgement slip.
How To Check Your Post- UTME Admission Status
- Visit the official website at ebsu-edu.net and click on “check Admission status”
- Click on the link “2018/2019 PUTME Result”
- You will be redirected to the quick links, click on “2018/2019 PUTME result checking”. Enter your JAMB Registration number to generate a result checking invoice
- Generate a result checking invoice and proceed to the listed bank to pay the stipulated fees.
- Obtain a confirmation order from the teller after payment and return to the portal
- Enter your JAMB registration number or name, click on “2018/2019 PUTME result checking” and click submit to view your result or admission status.
- Your result or admission status will be displayed on the screen.
EBSU Cutoff For All Departments
- Medicine and Surgery – 250 and above
- Nursing Science – 220 and above
- Medical Laboratory science – 210
- Faculty of Law (Common Law, International law, Criminal law, Civil law) – 200 and above
- Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry – 190 and above
- Accountancy, Public Admin, Economics, Political science, Mass communication etc – 150 and above
- Psychology, History and International Relations, Sociology and Anthropology etc 140
- Faculty of Physical Science (Computer Science, Statistics, Industrial Chemistry, Industrial Physics, Micrrobiology) 140
- Faculty of Education (Economics Education, Chemistry, Biology, Adult Education, Early Childhood Education, Primary Education Studies, English, Mathematics, Physics and Yoruba Education- 130
- Faculty of Agriculture (Agricultural Extension, Animal Production, Crop and Environmental Protection, Soil science) – 130
- Faculty of Environmental Studies (Architecture, Urban and Regional planning, Estate Management) 130
- Others such as Water resources management, Forestry and Wildlife, Zoology, Botany, Fisheries, Ecology, – 130.