In this musical review, we would be taking a look at one of Nigerian’s most watched and arguably the most watched reality TV show in the entire West Africa. The MTN project fame is a musical talent contest. It is a TV reality show that is been produced in Lagos and aired in the West African countries. From its inception in 2008, there five major African countries involved which include Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Liberia. In 2014, Sierra Leone and Liberia were dropped as a result of Ebola outbreak.
MTN project fame is considered as the regional version of the Star Academy reality series. The star academy reality series was designed and licensed worldwide by Endemol. The MTN project fame has its jury which consist three judges (Bibie Brew, Praiz and Tee-Y Mix) and Academy faculty members (Joke Silva, Dupe Ige, Lovette Otegbola and Ben Ogbeiwi)
Winners of the MTN project fame are usually lavished with great financial rewards, cars and multi million naira recording deal. People who make it to the end as winners get rewards that is really worth the stress.
Eligibility For Applicants
There are few things that each applicant must check and keep in mind in order to have a successful registration and possibly take part in the project fame.
- Applicants who have released an album, song(s) or recorded song(s) are not eligible and should not apply.
- Applicants who are below 18 years of age are not eligible. If you don’t verify your age as an applicant will eventually lead to automatic disqualification.
- Applicants are required to provide a means of identification. (International or ECOWAS Passport).
READ ALSO- VISA Card App : How To Download And Use The Mobile App For Transactions
Applicants who meet the above stated requirements may proceed with the registration process. Below are steps involved in the registration:
- Log on to the Project Fame website on http://www.projectfamewestafrica.com to apply.
- Applicants should send their Name and Location to 35850 in an SMS via an MTN line. He/she will get a PIN from MTN. The SMS cost N100 only. This for Nigerians only.
- After registration, print out the audition form. It should contain the audition date and venue.
- Proceed to the audition venue on the set date to try your luck.
Previous MTN Project Fame Winners
Below is a list of all the previous winners of the MTN project fame Winners since inception in 2008. So far there has been nine editions.
- Iyanya Mbuk won in 2008
- Mike AnAnyasodo won in 2009
- Chidinma Ekele won in 2010
- Monica OgOgah won in 2011
- Ayoola Ayobami won in 2012
- Olawale Ayodele won in 2013
- Geoffery Oji won in 2014
- Jeffrey AkAkoh won in 2015
- Okiemute Ighorodje won in 2016
At the moment, we await the 2017 version of the MTN project fame. Intending participants should keep checking the project fame website to get updates on the 2017 MTN project fame.
In case you have questions or complaints, you may contact Ultima Studios at Funke Zainab Usman Street, End of Admiralty Way, Opposite CIS School, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria or you may forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.