University of Benin commonly referred to as UniBen was established in 1970 and is one of Nigeria’s first generation federal universities. UniBen started as an institute of Technology before it became a full fledged university in July 1,1971. UniBen produced the first female vice- chancellor in the person of Grace Alele-Williams who became the first female to head a Nigerian university in 1985. The university has over ten faculties including a school of Medicine, Dentistry, Basic Medical sciences and an Institute of Child Health.
It offers courses at both postsecondary, undergraduate and postgraduate levels in different disciplines. UniBen is known within and outside the shores of Nigeria as it collaborates with other universities around the world and with international agencies such as USAID, UNCF and even the Ford Foundation. The university presently has over 40,000 students enrolled in both full time and part time programmes.
Admission Criteria For UTME And Direct Entry Students
- Applicants must choose UniBen as first choice in UTME (Second choice is not allowed)
- Applicants must score a mark of 200 and above
- Applicants must have a minimum of five credit passes in five subjects in O’ level (WASCE/GCE/NECO) including English in not more than two sittings
- Direct Entry applicants must possess any of the following: OND/HND/NCE in any of the relevant courses.
READ ALSO- How To Register, The Requirements And All You Need To Know About Abu Remedial Program
Post UTME Application Process
- Visit the official website at www.uniben.edu.ng
- Click on “WAEUP” portal
- Click Application then select “2018/2019 Admission Screening Application”
- Click on the button “Register for Application”
- Enter your surname and JAMB registration number then login
- Click on “Application Record” then fill all the necessary fields and upload a recent passport photograph (1×1 Coloured photograph with red background in Jpeg format)
- Click on “Add online payment ticket” then click on “Pay via Remita”
- Follow the onscreen institutions and pay the application fee of #2000 using a valid debit or credit card
- Preview and confirm all the filled information then click the “Submit” button
- Kindly go back to the online platform on the appointed date given to you to print out the acknowledgement slip to gain entrance to the screening exercise.
UniBen Cut-Off For Admission Into Departments
UniBen’ s cutoff mark is calculated by dividing the JAMB scores by 8 then adding thw figure to the Post UTME score divided by 2. The minimum cutoff mark is 50% in post-UTME. Listed below are the various departments and the cutoff for admission to study the courses in different faculties:
– Faculty of Agriculture 50-55
– Faculty of Arts 50-60
– Faculty of Basic Medical Science 60-70
– Faculty of Education 50
– Faculty of Law 70.
– Faculty of Management Sciences 50-55
– Faculty of Life or Physical Science 50-60
– Pharmacy 65
– Faculty of Social Science 50-55
– Faculty of Engineering 55
Check Admission Status
- Visit the UniBen kofa page
- Enter your login details ( JAMB number as username and surname as password)
- Click the “Submit” button
- If you have been offered admission, you would see Admitted on the the space where the submit button occupied.
1 thought on “Uniben Post Utme: How To Register, Check Result And All You Need To Know”