Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) is a public university owned by the Nigerian government. The university was founded in 1961 and it is located in Osun state in the city of Ile Ife. The university has about 35,000 student at present, and its motto is For Learning and Culture.
If you want to study in this university and do not wish to go through JAMB, then you can apply through the Direct Entry scheme.
See details below.
Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Requirements For Direct Entry Applicants
- All applicants must possess at least Five credit passes in their O’level result at not more than two sittings in either the WAEC, NECO, GCE, or any of the acceptable equivalent. Two of this credit passes must be in English Language and Mathematics with expection for those who want to study Law whereby maths is not compulsory.
- All Applicant must have obtained a direct entry form from JAMB, and they must have chosen the Obafemi Awolowo University as their first choice of institution.
- All Applicants must have registered and sat for the Direct entry entrance exam
- Admitted Applicants can only further on the course on their previous certificates.
Obafemi Awolowo University Application Process
- All interested applicant should create their JAMB profile on the JAMB website @ www.jamb.org.ng Input Your name, date of birth, e-mail address and state of origin where required to create your profile.
- Applicants can now pay for the JAMB’s E-registration pin at any of the approved bank.
- After acquiring your e-registration pin, you can now visit any accredited CBT centre with your personal details, your e-pin and profile code.
- Make the required payment at the CBT center and you would be given the reading text after they have successfully registered you.
During The Registration
At the CBT center;
* You would be required to provide your O’level or/and A’level result. If your results are awaiting, kindly select AR and supply them as soon as they are out.
* Your ten fingers and their prints would be captured, your image and biometrics would also be captured and uploaded. This is to certify your registration.
* After successful registration, be sure to collect your print outs and the recomemded text.
Obafemi Awolowo University Direct Entry Screening Exercise
To apply for the Obafemi Awolowo University Direct Entry screening exercise, applicants should;
- Visit the OAU eportal @ www.oauife.edu.ng and click on the ADMISSION SCREENING-UTME/DE APPLICANTS tab.
- You would be redirected to a payment page. Use your JAMB Registration Numbers to download RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference) which would require manual payment or use the online payment platform which is stress free.
- After successful payment, fill the online form that pops up and prints your screening report.
The Obafemi Awolowo University Direct Entry Admission list
After sitting for the screening exercise, the next thing is the admission list. To check if you have been admitted, just log in to your portal on the school’s website and click on the tab ‘check admission status’.
Now that you know how to go about the Obafemi Awolowo University Direct Entry program, you can register for the next session.
Note that the Direct entry is not open for part time students.