In this direct piece, we would be looking at procedures to take while applying for a change of course or department in Obafemi Awolowo University using the OAU eportal. The basic requirements and the guidelines will also be discussed in this article.
List Of Available Courses In Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife
- African Languages and Literature
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural and Environmental Engineering
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology
- Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- Anatomy and Cell Biology
- Animal Science
- Business Law
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Pathology
- Civil Engineering
- Community Health and Nutrition
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Continuing Education
- Crop production
- Demography and Social Statistics
- Dermatology and Venerology
- Dramatic Arts
- Drug Research and Production Unit
- Educational Administration and Planning
- Educational Foundation and Counseling
- Educational Technology
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- English Language
- Environmental Health and Epidemiology
- Estate Management
- Fine and Applied Arts
- Food Nutrition and Consumer Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Foreign Languages
- Haematology and Immunology
- Institute of Education
- International Law
- International Relations
- Jurisprudence and Private Law
- Literature in English
- Local Government Studies
- Management and Accounting
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Mental Health
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Morbid Anatomy and Forensic Medicine
- Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Perimatology
- Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology
- Paediatrics and Child Health
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
READ ALSO- OAU Netque Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife: How To Apply To The Postgraduate Programme Online
- Physical and Health Education
- Physiological Sciences
- Plant Science
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Law
- Quantity Surveying
- Religious Studies
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Soil Science
- Special Education and Curriculum Studies
- Urban and Regional Planning
Requirements And Important Guidelines On How To Apply For A Change Of Course
- Students applying for Change of Course/Degree Programme will fill and complete the online form on the change of course application page through this link.
- Students applying for Change of Course shall be required to satisfy the minimum and special entry requirement for the Course/Programme to which they are seeking transfer. For the avoidance of doubt, no student will be allowed to transfer to a programme for which his initial qualifications are inadequate.
- Students applying for Change of Course are required to attach to their applications photocopies of up-to-date sessional examination result. In cases where the sessional result is not immediately out, such applicant should arrange to submit it later to the Admissions Office once the result is available. However, processing of Change of Course applications is subject to production of the original up-to-date semester examination results as well as photo. Copies of WASC, GCE ‘O’ ‘A’ Levels Certificate which applicants presented on their first admission to the University.
- Applicants will complete Section A of the Form and get the Guidance Counsellor to complete section B (available on Print 2) before returning it to the Admissions Office along with a photocopy of payment receipt from the Cash Office.
- All students being sponsored for particular courses by Agencies/Organizations must forward letters from their Sponsors granting them permission to change their courses. Such authorizing letters should be returned with the completed application forms before the closing date. Otherwise, their applications will not be processed.
- Ed. (Physical Education) degree Students Are Not Allowedto change their course of study.
- If it is discovered at any time that any false or misleading information has been given on this application or in connection with this application, the applicant will be disqualified and he/she may be required to face the University’s Disciplinary Committee.
10 thoughts on “OAU eportal: How To Perform Change Of Course And The Requirements With Procedures”
pls can you tell me the steps on admission into oau i sat for jamb and scored 235 this year,but i have just started my waec and i wish to change my course from computer engineering to computer science.My jamb subjects are use of english,mathematics,physics,biology
Please you will need to purchase a change of course form. Kindly visit the university for further advise.
Please does OAU accept change of course and change of institution form?
Change of course is possible in the institution. However you need to consult the school authority for questions around change of institution.
I have written the post utme and scored 27/40 and my aggregate score is 54,while the cut off mark for zoology this year 2019 as told to me by a zoologist himself studying in Oau is 50 ie. on merit. Now my question lies here ;I had to change my course from med. to zout since 2 months ago ;Is there a special list for COC students bcos I have being checking my caps and it still shows me”sorry,no admission given yet”.Pls I need a reply fast ,thanks for reading.
I had to change my course from med. to zoology and the result had been out since 2 months ago.
Please when you meant that students won’t be allowed to transfer to a course in which their initial qualification isn’t up to. What I am about to ask is that does the initial qualifications include our post utme. Because I would like to switch 200level and my post utme cutoff is 55% I was given zoology instead of medicine and I would like to switch later even if it’s not medicine, at least to a medical line course
pls is the change of course form for this session 2019/2020 out….. to 200 level, that is.
how much is the change of institution form
Can I change from chemistry education to chemical engineering, my aggregate is 66.75 and my post utme is 26/40