Course registration gives students credence on a particular course as it has been practiced in Nigerian universities, this implies that any student who fails to register for a course (which is normally done in the beginning of a semester) will not be allowed to take examinations on such course.
There are courses usually designed as elective, these are usually two and a student is expected to register for one of the two courses. The minimum credit unit to be registered for every semester is 18 and maximum is 24.
In Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), if you cannot register for course at the prescribed period of time, maybe because of illness, such student is expected to produce a medical report to back up the illness claims which should be forwarded to the Dean of the Faculty by either the parents or sponsor not later than four weeks after the end of registration period. The medical report will be examined by the Director of medical and Health Services for it to be considered valid. Such student shall be exempted from the penalties of late registration.
OAU Registration Requirements For New Students
For every student who has been offered provisional admission into any program in the university, they are to upload all their credentials online via the eportal.
The Required Credentials
- Birth certificate/Declaration of age
- Registration certificate form as downloaded should be submitted to the faculty secretary
- Printout of certificate form for further screening on resumption
How To Access The Eportal
To access OAU’s online portal for registration, every new student must do the following;
- Log into the university’s eportal on oauife.edu.ng using UTME registration number and choosing a password to be used on the portal.
- Certificate form (SSCE) for not more than two sittings.
- Bio data
- Health centre registration form
- Course registration form.
READ ALSO- Cellgevity Supplement: The Dosage For Different Illness, Where To Get The Product And All You Must Know
For every new student of OAU, course registration form is available only on the portal after completion of the above stated forms. The form is to be filled appropriately, choose the courses, complete the form and pay the appropriate charges at the bank. Ensure to visit the eportal www.oauife.edu.ng .
- Matriculation fee – N1,000.00
- Registration/verification fee – N4,000.00
- Examination fee – N1,000.00
- Departmental charges – N10,000.00
- Medical screening fee – N2,500.00
- TISHIP (Tertiary Institution Students Health Insurance Programme) – N1,600.00
- Student Union levy – N00
- Library fee – N00
- Sports levy – N1,000.00
- D. card – N300.00
The total amount is N22, 000.00 only excluding the school fee.
All newly admitted students will be provided accommodation on first come first serve basis. Note that OAU accommodation fee of N3, 090.00 should be paid separately into any of branch of banks which are listed below:
- UBA Plc.
- WEMA Plc.
All returning students are expected to make all their payment including N1600.00 for TISHIP into any of the banks listed below:
- First Bank Plc.
- Skye Bank Plc.
- Zenith Bank Plc.
How To Check Result On Eportal For New Students
Candidates who want to check their OAU post UTME CBT Screening result should follow the steps below:
- First, go to the post UTME result checker of OAU at https://admissions.oauife.edu.ng
- Kindly put in your username and password into their respective fields
- Finally, sign in to check your post UTME result.
Checking results of post UTME Computer-Based Aptitude Test is at no fees it is completely free.
All candidates should please beware of touts asking for money for result checking.