Babcock University is a privately owned tertiary institution of learning owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Nigeria. The university was named after the American missionary David C. Babcock who pioneered the ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Nigeria in 1914.
Babcock university was established in 1959 and was then called the Adventist College of West Africa before the name was changed in 1975 to the Adventist Seminary of West Africa. Presently, the school has nine schools and a college of Health and Medical Sciences. It has two campuses the main campus is located at Ilishan- Remo while a mini campus is located at Ijebu- Remo both in Ogun State.
Babcock University School Of Postgraduate Studies
The school of postgraduate studies program modules is flexible, dynamic and convenient and you can choose to undertake in any of them either as a working class or business class full time student. Listed below are the peogram modules:
- Regular Semester Module: It runs from September-April every year. The program runs a minimum of three semesters for MBA, MSc and six semesters for PhD.
- Elongated Semester Module: This is a weekends only programme lasting for 24weeks. It begins July of every year and is spread across a minimum of four semesters for MBA, MSc and seven semesters for PhD.
- Summer Semester Module: It runs from May to August every year.
General Admission Requirements
- Applicants must possess first degree from an accredited and recognized university or qualification equivalent to a first degree
- Applicants wishing to apply for admission into the masters program must possess first degree not less than a second class lower division from a recognized university. Applicant with a good postgraduate diploma or a professional certificate in addition to university degree or HND may also be offered admission into the masters programme
- Applicants wishing to apply for admission into the PhD programme must possess a Masters degree not less than 60% average or 4.00 CGPA from a recognized university.
List Of Available Programs
- School Of Science And Technology
- Agriculture M.Sc
- Agricultural Economics M.Sc
- Animal Science M.Sc, PhD.
- School Of Management Sciences
- Accounting M.Sc, PhD
- Business Administration and Marketing Management PGD
- Business Administration MBA, M.Sc, PhD
- Marketing M.Sc, PhD
- Banking and Finance M.Sc
- Information Resources Management M.Sc, PhD
- School Of Social Sciences
- Economics PGD, M.Sc, PhD
- Mass Communication PGD, MSc, PhD
- Political Science and Public Administration M.Sc, PhD
- Public Management MPM.
- School Of Medicine
Biochemistry M.Sc, PhD.
- School Of Computing And Engineering Sciences
Computer sciences PGD, M,Sc, PhD.
- School of Education and Humanities
- History M.A
- Diplomatic studies MDS
- English Language M.A, PhD
- English Literature M.A, PhD
- Religious studies PGD
- School Of Law And Security Studies
- School Of Nursing
Nursing science M.Sc.
- School Of Public And Allied Health
Public Health PGD, MPH, PhD.
How To Apply For Babcock University Postgraduate Programme
- Obtain Application form online from the website www.babcock.edu.ng
- Download and print the form in PDF format
- Fill the form correctly and submit with required documents a non refundable application fee of #10,000 paid into Babcock Microfinance Bank or in bank draft paid into Babcock university account from any commercial bank.
- Completed forms should be accompanied with photocopies of the following documents: First degree certificate, NYSC discharge certificate, Masters degree for PhD applicants, Marriage certificate and two recent colored passport photographs.
- A Completed application forms would be sent by courier services or by hand to: The secretary, College of Postgraduate Studies Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo Ogun state.
Postgraduate Screening Exercise
A screening exercise will be conducted for all applicants and the date will be announced for each module respectively. PhD applicants will also be invited for a chat and oral interview.