Here is a notice to every applicant seeking admission into the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, Post UTME and HND part-time/full-time programmes, that the management of the polytechnic has released the date for the pre-admission screening exercise as well as the documents required.
Date – TUESDAY FEBRUARY 12, 2019
Venue: ICT Building
- Remember to bring along with you the ORIGINAL COPIES of your JAMB and O’ Level Results.
- Admission into all the National Diploma programs shall be conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) through its Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).
- Applicants for Higher National Diploma Programs must be holders of the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, National Diploma (ND) or of any other Polytechnic or College of Technology (ND) recognized by the Polytechnic, obtained at the Distinction or Credit level plus one year-post-ND practical experience. In addition, candidates from other Institutions should have the relevant entry qualifications for ND Programs at the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo.
Endeavor to be punctual.
After a long wait, the list of names of applicants who have been offered provisional admission into full-time/part-time ND and HND programmes, has been released by the polytechnic ahead of the 2018/2019 academic session.
Every Applicant who applied for Rufus Giwa Polytechnic (RUGIPO) ND and HND admission can know their admission status online.
How To Check:
- Login to the school’s website at Rufus Giwa Polytechnic admission status checking portal at http://rugipo.edu.ng/Default.aspx.
- Find the ‘Admission Status‘ column and fill in your JAMB Registration Number/Application Number in that column.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Check Status’ link to access your RUGIPO admission status.
- Successful ND candidates must ACCEPT or REJECT their admission offer on the JAMB portal.
READ ALSO- How To Register For Zamfara State University Post Utme, Requirements And All You Must Know
Calendar for the 2018/2019 session:
S/N DATE ACTIVITY
- 21st January, 2019 Resumption and Allocation of Accommodation to Newcomers.
- 28th January – 1st February, 2019 Orientation and registration for newcomers.
- 4th February, 2019 Lecture begins for the new students.
- 11th – 22nd February, 2019 Late Registration, Portal closes.
- 25th February – 1st March, 2019 Registration and Resumption of the Returning Students.
- 8th March, 2019 Lectures begins for the Returning Students.
- 15th March, 2019 Portal closes for Returning Students
- 8th April, 2019 Matriculation ceremony
- 22nd April, 2019 Registration, Resumption and Commencement of Lectures for the SIWES students.
- 3rd May, 2019 Portal closes for the SIWES Students
- 10th May, 2019 End of Lecture for Fresh and Returning Students.
- 13th – 31st May, 2019 First Semester Examination for every Student.
- 31st May, 2019 Examination for SIWES Students
- 7th June, 2019. First Semester Ends
S/N DATE ACTIVITY
- 10th-21st June, 2019 Registration and Resumption of every Student.
- 17th June, 2018 Lectures begins for every Student
- 6th September, 2019 Lectures ends for every Student
- 9th – 27th September, 2019 Semester Examinations for every Student.
- 27th September, 2019 2018/2019 Academic Session ends.
1 Week Orientation for Fresh Students
15 Weeks for Lectures
3 Weeks for Examination
13 Weeks for Lectures
3 Weeks for Examination
Rufus Giwa Polytechnic is an institution of higher learning located in Owo, Ondo State, Nigeria. It has been approved as a state-owned polytechnic by the national board for technical for technical Education. It has also been accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria.
Established in 1979 as The Polytechnic, Owo by the then Military Governor Sunday Tuoyo. The next Executive Governor Adekunle Ajasin started operations on the polytechnic immediately he assumed office in 1980. The institution was renamed Ondo State Polytechnic in 1990.
There are lots of departments in the polytechnic under the Faculties of Engineering, Science and Technology, LEMS, etc.
The institution was renamed in June 2003 after Chief Rufus Folusho Giwa, a distinguished businessman from Ondo state who became president of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN).