The University of Calabar (UniCal) was established in 1975. UniCal started as the Calabar campus of the University of Nigeria (UNN) before it was declared a university. It began academic operations as an autonomous institution on October 1976 with a total of 896 students and 156 staff members. UniCal is situated on the Eastern side of Calabar Municipal between The Calabar River and the Great Qua River. It has ten faculties, three institutes and a graduate school.
The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, Diploma and certificate courses in various disciplines.
- Applicants must write UTME and score a minimum of 180
- Applicants must possess at least five Credit passes in O’level exam.
- Applicants must choose UniCal as First Choice of institution in JAMB
UniCal Post-UTME Process
- Visit any commercial bank nationwide to obtain an E-tranzact PIN
- Log into the portal at http://www.Myunical.edu.ng with the PIN and follow the onscreen instructions
- All candidates could also purchase a scratch card from any of the following partner banks within the Calabar metropolis: Unical Microfinance bank, Wema Bank, First City Monument Bank and Heritage Bank.
- After purchasing the scratch card log into the portal and click on “Screening UTME” link
- Enter your JAMB registrations No and tge scratch card PIN in the fields provided.
- Click on “Login” and follow the onscreen instruments
- Confirm and review your entries then click on submit. Ensure you print out the completed form.
Note the following:
- Candidates who fails to partake in the screening exercise will not be considered for admission into UniCal.
- Candidates are advised to commence registration early in order to avoid congestion in the dying hours.
- Candidates should register with their valid phone numbers and email so they can be easily contacted about the screening date.
How To Check Post-UTME Results And Admission Status
- The result checking scratch card should be purchased from any of the following banks in Calabar: UniCal Microfinance Bank, Wema Bank, Enterprise Bank and First City Monument Bank.
- Visit the website at http://www.Myunical.edu.ng
- Enter your JAMB registration no twice in the fields provided.
- Enter your PIN
- Click the “Login” button.
How To Pay School Fees
- Log into thw portal with your JAMB registration number or Matric number.
- Generate and printout a payment receipt.
- Take the printout to any of the designated banks for payment
- Pay through the E-tranzact platform and remember to collect tour receipt.
- Log into the portal again to authenricate the payment on your portal account.
How To Register Courses
- Visit the ICT directorate at the main campus and make your intentions known
- Pay the course registration fee at UniCal Microfinance Bank
- Verify the course registration payment and print out the receipt.
UniCal School Fees Schedule
- New Students (Science) #35,250
- New Students (Non Science) 34,250
- New students (Biochemistry) #42,750
- New Students (Nursing students) #42,750
- Returning Students (Science) #31,500
- Returning Students (Non science) #30,500
- Returning Students (Biochemistry) #39,000
- Returning Students (Nursing) #39,000
- Final year students (Science) #34,750
- Final year students (Non science) #33,750
- Final year students (Biochemistry) #42,250
- Final year students (Nursing) #42,250
- Acceptance fees #15,000
- Project supervision #3000
- Portal charges #2,500
- Late Registration #3000
- Academic Gown #2000
- Aptitude test/Pre-admission screening #2000
- Otgery charges #1000