The University of Maiduguri popularly called Unimaid is one of the most reputable Universities in the country. It is located in the Borno State capital in North Eastern Nigeria. The school offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Although the academic activities have been disrupted in recent years, the school management, Federal Government and security operatives have been able to get the situation largely under control.
The University of Maiduguri Postgraduate School offers Postgraduate Diploma, Professional Master Degrees like the MBA, Academic Master Degrees and Doctor of Philosophy. Here is all the information you need to help you register for your postgraduate degree at the University of Maiduguri.
All candidates must possess a relevant degree to be eligible to seek admission into the University of Maiduguri. Below are the qualifications required for candidates seeking admission into any of the above programmes.
- Candidates seeking to be admitted into MA, MSc., LL.M, M.Eng, MEd and Ph.D must possess a CGPA of at least 4.00 from the University of Maiduguri or any other Nigerian University.
- Candidates seeking admission to take the professional degrees; MBA, MHPM and MASS must have in a good second class degree in Management, Business Administration, Economics, History, Sociology, Accounting, Anthropology from Unimaid or other recognized institution
- Candidates seeking to be admitted into the LL.M programme, MEd, M.Eng, MA, MLS and M.SC and M.SC(Ed) must possess a First Class degree, Second Class Upper or Lower or a Third Class along with a good Postgraduate Diploma in the course concerned from Unimaid or other University.
- Candidates seeking to take PGDE, PGDA, PGDM and PGDNSS programmes should have degrees in any field from Unimaid or other recognized University. They can also be eligible with an HND (Lower Credit) from a recognized school.
How To Get The Form
To get the postgraduate form, all candidates must obtain their pin by paying the sum of eleven thousand nine hundred naira (#11900) only at any Fidelity Bank branch.
Using the pin, they must complete the online application form and print it along with the acknowledgement slip.
The school has provided the following helplines: 07060686889 and 08037685904 to help you if you encounter any problem.
How To Pay School Fees
Postgraduate students must pay the sum of three thousand naira (#3000) only to University of Maiduguri Microfinance Bank as acceptance fee. To pay school fees online, you should:
- Visit www.unimaidonline.com
- Click on Student
- Insert your user ID and password and click on login
- Click on Payment
- Click on Pay through Remita from the drop down menu
- Print your invoice
- Input the pin you got at the bank
- Click enter and print your receipt.
There you go on everything you need to know about Unimaid postgraduate admission and school fees payment processes.