The University of Nigeria, Nsukka popularly called UNN is a Federal Government University located in Nsukka, Enugu State. The school was established in 1955 by one of Nigeria’s foremost leaders, Nnamdi Azikiwe. The University has four campuses located in Nsukka, Ituku-Ozalla, Aba and Enugu. During the civil war, the University was called the University of Biafra. The University offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and has fifteen (15) Faculties and one hundred and two (102) academic departments.
The University has a proven track record of excellence including undertaking the first open heart surgery in Nigeria and in sub Saharan Africa in 1974. This surgery was conducted at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) Enugu and it was a success. Many of its Faculties are renowned and if you have chosen this University, I can tell you that your choice is wise. If you need to know about the admission requirements and how to get the Post Utme form, you are in the right place. This post contains everything you should know about getting into the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Candidates applying for admission to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka must possess the following:
- They must have five credit passes at their O’level examination at not more than two sittings which passes include English Language and a science subject
- They must meet their departmental entry requirements
- Direct entry students must meet the Utme admission requirements as well
- All candidates must be above sixteen years of age at the time of applying.
READ ALSO- Unilag Student Portal: How To Register For Admission, Check Result And All You Need To Know
How To Register And How Much To Pay For The UNN Post Utme Screening
To register for the University of Nigeria, Nsukka Post Utme screening exercise, you must pay a non refundable fee of two thousand naira (2000) only. To register:
- Visit the University’s website at www.unn.edu.ng
- Navigate to the top right corner of the site and click on ‘UNN Portal’
- Click on Prospective Students
- Click on Online Application Form for 2018/2019 Admission screening exercise
- Input your Jamb registration number
- Generate an invoice and pay using your debit card
- Alternatively, proceed to the bank to make payments
- Come back to the portal and login
- Complete the form by entering the required details
- Upload your credentials
- Click on Next
- Confirm that your entries are correct and submit
- Print your acknowledgment slip
You will need to go with this slip to the examination venue on the stipulated date.
University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Cut-Off Mark
The University’s cut off mark is 180 marks but the University has taken special care to place the cut off mark for visually impaired candidates at 120 marks. Also, the cut off mark may vary from department to department and may be changed from time to time.
So there you are about all you should know concerning how to get into the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN).