On the 13th of March 2018, the Governor of Zamfara State, Alhaji Abdulazeez Abubakar Yari, was presented the Certificate of Recognition of Zamfara State University Talata-Mafara, by the National Universities Commission (NUC), making it the 47th State University, 87th Public University and 162nd.
Zamfara State is the last State in Nigeria to establish a state university. This is coming at a time when the NUC is in the process of repositioning itself to better regulate the activities of the Nigerian University System. Students of the Institution are assured of NYSC mobilization after graduation.
For everything concerning admission into the Zamfara State University (ZAMSU), ahead of its maiden session in 2019/2020, here is all you need to know.
This is to notify the general public and every applicant seeking admission into the Zamfara State University (ZAMSU) that the Cutoff Mark has been released by the management in conjunction with the school’s admissions unit.
What Is Cut Off Mark
A Cut off mark or Cut off Point is the least score required for candidates to attain by a particular institution(Universities, Polytechnics or Colleges of Education) for them to qualify or participate in the institution’s Post-UTME Screening exercise.
This is to say the higher your score, the higher your chances of gaining admission, since Applicants with higher scores are first considered.
ZAMSU Departmental Cut off Mark
There is no specific cut off mark for courses in the Zamfara state University. Nevertheless, candidates who have scored 180 and above in the UTME examinations are eligible to apply for admission into any of their desired courses.
The admission processes is highly competitive due to the high number of students wishing to study in the Zamfara State University and admission is offered based on JAMB score and O level grades.
See Below Some Of The courses offered in the university and their cut off marks
- 240 Medicine and Nursing
- 200 – Anatomy, Pharmacy, Physiology, Mass Communication, Common Law.
- 190 – Biochemistry, Geology, Computer Science, microbiology. English Language, all engineering courses except Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering.
- 180 – Other departments
Applicants seeking admission into any of these departments MUST meet the minimum UTME scores for their chosen courses. They must also possess the right UTME subject combinations as directed in the
JAMB Brochure and the necessary ‘O’ Level subjects at credit level.
COURSES TO BE OFFERED IN ZAMFARA STATE UNIVERSITY TALATA MAFARA (ZAMSU)
FACULTY OF SCIENCES
- Biology 2. Microbiology 3. Biotechnology 4. Pure Chemistry 5. Biochemistry 6. Geology 7. Computer Science 8. Mathematics 9. Statistics 10. Physics 11. Electronic
FACULTY OF ART & ISLAMIC STUDIES
1.Arabic 2. Islamic studies 3. History 4. English language 5. English Literature 6. Mass communication
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Accounting and Finance 2. Public administration
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Agricultural extension 2. Fisheries 3. Forestry and wildlife
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Economics 2. Geography 3. Political science 4. International Relations 5. Industrial Relations and personal management 6. Sociology 7. Criminology and security studies
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- Nutrition and Dietalics