What we know today Pan-Atlantic University or Lagos Business School (LBS) which fully began in 1991 as a small institution called the Centre for Professional Communications (CPC), which offers management courses which is relevant to the Nigerian business condition and environment. LBS started its operations with the following people Juan Elegido, Patrick Merino and Tim Keenley as founding members of staff in the company. The company was previously owned by the African Development Foundation (ADF), a Nigerian not-for-profit educational foundation, before it was completely taken over by the Pan-Atlantic University Foundation.
In early 1994, with the leadership of Albert Alos, whom happens to be the director general, and through the support of corporate organizations in line with the contributions LBS was making to the development of management in Nigeria, the school structure in Victoria Island was completed. This building consists of three classrooms that was named after corporate sponsors like Shell, Chevron and IBTC, faculty and administrative offices and a library. Later in 1996, more land was allocated to LBS on the Lekki peninsular area of Lagos State, directly by the Lagos State Government for the construction of what is now known as the permanent site of the School.
Admissions Requirements For Intending Students
Candidates for admission into the Modular Executive MBA programme must satisfy all of the following requirements.
- Five credit passes including English and Mathematics at the Ordinary Level if Nigerian.
- Minimum of a second-class lower degree from a university or a post-graduate diploma (PGD) from a recognised university for candidates with third-class degrees or Higher National Diplomas.
- Minimum of seven years post-qualification (university degree) work experience.
- A satisfactory performance at the LBS entrance exam or the GMAT or GRE exam.
- Satisfactory evaluation of the candidate’s intellectual capacity, professionalism, maturity, past professional experience and motivation for work, through an interview. (Only short-listed candidates are interviewed).
- As candidates will have to combine the demands of the programme with their work, an explicit approval of the company allowing the candidates to undertake these studies will also be required.
Required Application Documents
- Three reference forms from three referees who know you in professional capacity. All the references may come from the same organisation and may also be sent directly by the referees.
- Copies of Ordinary level (if secondary education was in Nigeria) and university degree certificates.
- Official Transcripts sent after you have been admitted. (These may be sent directly by your former school)
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Copy of the NYSC Certificate or Letter of Exemption for Nigerians only.
- A passport photograph.
- Company organogram showing where you are on the heirachy. (This may be sketched)
Employer’s consent form.
Evidence of ability to pay (for self-sponsorship, kindly attach your 3 months bank statement or pay slip. For corporate sponsorship, please attach a sponsorship letter from your prospective sponsor).
How To Register On The Portal And Download The Application Form Online
To enroll and get the application form, kindly follow the illustrated steps below for proper guidance.
Step1. Click on this link to create your profile as a new customer… http://portal.lbs.edu.ng/
Step2. Once you have completed the registration process, you would proceed to download the application form as soon as you get a confirmation email upon successful registration.
Step3. Download and complete the form, then take to the closest Pan-Atlantic University for completion of your enrollment.
How To Apply Online By Filling The Online Form
Kindly complete an online application attaching the following documents:
- O ‘level certificate
- University degree certificate (statement of results is acceptable)
- Curriculum Vitae
- NYSC Certificate or Letter of Exemption
- Evidence of ability to pay (for self-sponsorship, kindly attach your bank statement or pay slip. For corporate sponsorship, please attach a sponsorship letter from your prospective sponsor)
- Three reference forms (these may also be sent directly by the referees)
- Employers Consent
- Company Organogram showing where you are on the heirachy
The following documents can be sent via courier or brought to the Admissions Office in person:
- Four Passport Photographs
- Transcript (Your university will send this to us)
Alternatively, you can download an application, reference and transcript request form from the portal as described above. Fill the application form, attach your supporting documents and send via email, courier or submit in person at the office.
The transcript request form should be filled and sent to your university, which will then send your transcript to us.
The reference forms should be sent to three references that know you in a professional or academic capacity.
Fees And Financing
|MEMBA||1st Session||2nd Session||Total|
|Programme fees for students from Nigeria||N3,170,500 (Payable in installments)||N3,170,500 (Payable in installments)||N6,341,000|
|Programme fees for students from West Africa||N3,170,500 (Payable in installments)||N3,170,500 (Payable in installments)||N6,341,000|
|Programme fees for students from other parts of Africa.||N3,170,500 (Payable in installments)||N3,170,500 (Payable in installments)||N6,341,000|
|Entrance exam fee||N5,000|
To make payment online, kindly click on http://profpay.lbs.edu.ng