Want to visit Denmark? There are different types of visas you can apply for to travel to Denmark as a Nigerian. Do you intend to work, study, visit, tourism, business trip or you want to permanently reside in Denmark? Then you will need to apply for a Denmark visa that is in line with your purchase of visit.
THE BASIC TYPE OF DENMARK VISA
The Long Term Visa:
Here is the type of visa that includes medical visa, a family reunion visa, student visa, employment visa. Please note that these type of visas are referred to as national visa which has a validity period of 90 days.
The Short Term Visa:
Here is the type of visas that include a tourist visa, medical visa, visitor’s visa, conference visa, business visa, transit visa etc. please note that all these categories of visa has a maximum validity period of 90 days.
READ ALSO- Babcock University Courses Requirement And All You Must Know
About The Denmark Visa Process
- VFS Global is the organization that handles the Denmark visa
- State clearly the reason of your visit to Denmark so you do not end the application process
- You must personally submit the Denmark visa application form that is dully completed at the visa application centers in Lagos or Abuja.
- Note that all your submitted documents will be examined by the Denmark embassy officials in Abuja or Lagos center.
- If you submit any application by proxy, mailed or application by courier, it will not be approved.
- Also note that the submission time for all the dully completed application is always Monday to Friday by 8am to 3pm.
- Sometimes applicant are required to be present before a visa officer for an interview at the Denmark embassy before the visa can be approved,
- As a requirement, you are to pay a non-refundable visa fee at the visa application office before the processing of your application.
- You are advised to process your visa before 3 months to your departure.
- Note that there is a minimum of 15 working days as the visa processing time
- Ensure that you tidy up your document and also sign your application before submitting it.
- All visa application fee will be paid in Naira depending on the current exchange rate.
- Ensure that your passport data page is available for the visa fee payment.
The Denmark Visa Application Requirement
- All applicant must dully complete the visa application form and sign it
- You must provide a valid international passport with an un-used visa page and six months validity period
- A duplicate of the data page of applicant’s passport
- You need a passport sized picture measuring 3.5cm width and 4.5cm height with a white background
- Provide duplicate of all previous visas in applicant’s passport
- Provide a travelling allowance that is sufficient enough to cover your stay
- You must provide 3 months statement of bank account signed by the bank
- You need a travelling medical insurance with a minimum of £30,000 which should cover the entire period of stay in Denmark
- You must provide flight booking evidence
- You must present a confirmation of hotel reservation to cover your stay in Denmark
- For all employee, you would need a letter of introduction from your employer and your payslip for the last 3 months.
- A confirmation of status: meant for married women (marriage certificate)
- You need a birth certificate
- For all self-employed applicant, they must present business registration and business bank statement for the last 3 months
- And finally, you need a letter of invitation for those applying for visitor’s visa