Bayero University Kano (BUK) is a high institution situated in the city of Kano, Kano state of Nigeria. The institution was established in 1977, when it was renamed from Bayero University College and upgraded from university college to a university. It was the first university in Kano state.
Bayero University initially was called Ahmadu Bello College as it was named after Alhaji Ahmadu Bello, who was then the premier of northern Nigeria. It was founded in 1960 by northern Nigeria Ministry of Education to prepare Senior Secondary Certificate by G.C.E and A level. Upon the establishment of Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria, Kaduna state, it was now renamed to Abdullahi Bayero after the Emir of Kano.
Bayero University Kano has different course and faculties like Arts and Islamic studies, Applied Health Science, Education, Engineering, Physical Sciences, Basic Medical Science, Clinical Science, Agriculture, Law, Pharmaceutical Science, Earth and Environment Studies, Social Sciences, Computer Sciences and Faculty of Management Science.
Other Research Centre are: Centre for Advanced Medical Research, Centre for Dry land Agriculture, Centre for Biotechnology Research, and Centre for Renewable Energy etc.
Registration Guidelines For Postgraduate Student
All candidate whether fresh or returning need to authenticate their studentship before registration.
For fresh student, you need
- Serial number of admission later
- Application number
- Registration number.
For new student, you can choose your password at the time of authentication. If successful, a username will be generated for you.
READ ALSO- Transfast Money Transfer: How To Use For Fund Transfer, The Tracking Procedure And All You Need To Know
For Returning Student, You Need
- Registration number
- Last session’s username
- Last session’s password for authentication.
After a successful authentication, candidates can use their password and username to login to start the registration process.
- Registration Procedure
- Profile Update: student must update their profile first like Gmail address and phone number as they were used on BUK personalised payment firm.
- Student Information Firm: student should generate, download and print their student information form.
- BUK Personalised Payment Form: every student must generate, download and print the BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF). Note that registration fees will be reflected on BUKPPF, to be paid using Remita e-payment and e-collection platform.
Student must also ensure that;
- Name of MDA
- Name of service/purpose
- Amount to pay
- Registration No
- BUKPPF ID
- Payer’s Full name
- Payers Email Address
- Payer’s phone number
Are exactly captured as they are written are written on the BUKPPF.
The Postgraduate Requirement
All candidate for admission into PH.D/M.Phil., M.A, M.Ed., M.Sc. and LLM programme will have to provide records of their transcripts.
- All candidate for Ph.D./M.Phil. programme should have M.A, M.Ed., M.Sc., M.Eng or LLM in relevant area with a CGPA of at least 3.50 on the scale of 0.oo to 5.00 from BUK or any other recognised institution.
- All candidates for M.A, M.Ed., M.Eng, M.Sc., MLS, LLM program should have: A minimum of second class lower division degree in the area of proposed study from BUK or any other recognised institution.
- A degree plus university postgraduate diploma at credit level in area of proposed study from BUK or any other university.
- And for engineering courses, student must possess English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- All candidates for PGDM, PGDBF, PGDPPA, PGDHE, PGDDS, PGDDA, PGDIM, and PGDMPC shall all possess a degree in any discipline from BUK or any other university.