The Federal College of Education Kano, (FCE Kano) started in the year 1961 as Kano men’s Training college at a loaned location located at Gwale Senoir Primary School. In the year 1965, she moved to her permanent site. The Nigeria Certificate in Education Program was later introduced into the college in 1965. With this improvement, the college changed her name from Kano Men’s Training School to Advance Teachers College.
The Federal Government of Nigeria later decided to take over the college in 1990 and again her name was changed from the later to the present name; “Federal College of Education Kano”.
The degree programs in the Federal College of Education Kano, are run in affiliations to the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria in Kaduna State. The Federal College of Education Kano now offers several programs as listed on the institution’s website.
To apply to the Federal College of Education Kano, follow the steps below.
How To Get The Application Form To The Federal College Of Education, Kano
- Go to the site fcekanooline.com/pay1.cfm
- Generate your RRR number
- Make payment online with your debit card details or take your RRR number generated earlier and go to Unity bank or any other one to make the necessary payment.
- Visit fcekanoonline.com/rrrstatuscheck.cfm if you wish to check the status of your RRR
- Visit fcekanoonline.com
- You will see a list of links describing different programs, click the one that suits your preferred program.
- Next you will see a long list of the different college.
- At the bottom, you will find some specific commands. Click on the one that says ‘click here to fill your form for the first time’
- Log in with the required details which is usually your reg number and password. (Your default password is your usually your surname)
- Now fill the form completely and submit.
- Make your print out including the payment receipt and the completed form.
- Take the print out and your other credentials to your program coordinator.
Your program coordinator is expected to give you a series of instructions which you should follow to complete your registration, and if he doesn’t don’t worry he only wants to save you the stress.
Admission Requirements Into The Federal College Of Education Kano
Here are the Requirements every candidate is expected to have.
- All applicant must possess the SSCE examination or it equivalence with four (4) credit passes in the relevant subject combination at not more than two sittings.
- Candidate who are using the Grade Il Teacher’s certificate must have credit in five (5) subject in the relevant subject combination.
- All credit pass should include English (and Mathematics if it relevant to your choice of course).
The Federal College of Education Kano is a respected institution and if you decide to further there, be rest assured that you have made a good decision.
All you have to do now is to check the school’s website to see if your choice of course is offered in the college.
Success in your academic endeavors!