The University of Jos, shortened to Unijos and nicknamed ‘UJ’ by her students, is a public university and was established in 1975 as a Federal University in Jos, Plateau State. Her motto is “Discipline and Dedication”. It has a lot of very notable alumni including Helon Habila.
The University has an urban type of campus, and the students are about 14,000.
In 1971, a satellite campus of the University of Ibadan was established. It was in October 1975 (four years later) that this satellite campus was turned into the University of Jos, Plateau State that we all know today. This was done under the military government of General Murtala Mohammed. The first students to attend the University of Jos numbered 575 only. The first Vice Chancellor of the university was Gilbert Onuaguluchi and the present Vice Chancellor is Sabastine S Maimako.
In case you want to apply to this prestigious university, below is how to apply.
Registration Procedure For The University Of Jos Post Utme Screening Exercise
To use the Unijos admission portal to register for their post utme screening exercise, you must follow this steps:
- Go to the Unijos portal at portal.unijos.edu.ng
- Click on the menu icon and select ‘UTME Screening’
- Input your JAMB reg number on the page that shows next and click on the ‘Get Started’ tab.
- Complete the missing details and hit the ‘sign up’ button
- A link would be sent to the email address provided by you in the previous step. This is the activation link.
- Go to the email and use the link to complete your registration by clicking it.
- On the page that appears next, hit the ‘click here to log in’ tab. This is located at the right side of the home page displayed.
- Input your password and email address used in the registration process to log in
- Now read all the instructions on the page that shows up carefully.
- Click on ‘proceed’ to pay for the screening exercise.
- Choose the payment option that suits you the most.
- Print your payment receipt
- Now you can upload your scanned passport. Upload a passport with a max size of 25kb and click on ‘save passport and continue’
- Update your O’level grades and exam type with number of sitting on the next page.
- Proceed by clicking ‘save result and continue’
- Print out the completed screening form that is on display.
Following this procedures above would lead you to your successful registration at the University of Jos.
Other things you can do on the school’s portal include:
- Checking of result.
- Payment of fees
- Registration of semester courses
- News and update
- Post Graduate related info and application.
This is just to name a few.
If you wish to undertake any of the following, all you need to do is to log in to the portal as usual and select the tab that best suits your action from the menu bar.