The Guaranty Trust Bank – GTB, has been in active operation since 17 January 1990 when it was founded by 35 young Nigerians. Once you open an account with them, they would issue a debit card to you after your application must have been processed. To activate this card, see the steps below.
How To Activate Your New Guaranty Trust Bank ATM Card
There are a few ways of activating your debit card after it has been given to you. We would discuss a few below.
Doing It On-line
When your ATM card has been given to you, activate it by;
- Visit any GTBank branch near you and go to the customer’s care desk.
- Ask for an “Activation Code” for your ATM card. (1 & 2 is optional)
- After getting the code, visit the bank’s website @ gtbank.com to activate your ATM card on-line.
- Navigate through the page and access the “Internet Banking” tab.
- Click on “Log In” to begin.
- Enter your account user details which must have already been sent to your email address.
- Hit the Log In button.
- After successful log in attempt, click on “Get Activation Code” button. (If you skip 1 & 2).
- On the next page, follow the on-screen instructions provided and fill the form on the page accurately.
- Select your card type, input the expiry date, and input your activation code.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- When you have successfully submitted, a code would be generated for you. This mean your card has been activated. Keep this code safe away from people as it would be required to complete certain transactions.
Using The ATM Machine
- Visit any ATM machine
- Insert your card into the machine
- Select Quickteller from the list of options
- Select “Pay bills”
- Choose your account type (savings or current)
- Select “Others”
- Enter 322222 as the payment code
- Enter your phone number as ‘Customer Reference’
- Accept the N1.00 amount displayed
- Follow prompts to complete the transaction
Using The USSD Code
- Dial the Guaranty Trust Bank code *737*5#
- You will be requested to input the last 6 digits of your debit card (this is your ATM Card number)
- You would be requested to create a four digit pin.
- Once this is done, your card has been activated.
- You can also change your current pin if you wish. You would be asked to input old pin, and then the new one, and the new one again.
Activating your new debit card is as easy as this. Note that for all of the above steps apart from the last one, you would be required to have set your four digit pin at the ATM machine first.
If you encounter any problem, visit the GTB customer care center.