The Umaru Musa Yar’adua University was formally known as Katsina State University.
It was established in the year 2006 with its motto as “To learn and to serve.” It is a public type of institution with an urban type of campus.
It has about five Hundred and thirty two (532) academic staffs and about Ten thousand eight hundred and fifty six students (10,856), of which Ten thousand two hundred and fifty seven (10,257) are undergradute and only five hundred and fifty nine (599) are postgraduate students.
Its Chancellor is in person of Dr. Umaru Mutallab, CON, and the Vice Chancellor is Professor Idris Isa Funtua
Admission Requirements For All Courses In Katsina State University
- All interested applicant must be sixteen (16) years and above.
No applicant under the age of sixteen (16) would be considered for admission.
- All applicants must have chosen the Katsina State University in their Jamb registration as their choice of institution.
- All applicants must have scored the required JAMB UTME cut off mark for the Katsina State University to qualify for the Internal Screening at the University.
- All applicants must have passed their SSCE examination with five (5) credit passes in their relevant O’level subject combination, (which includes English language and Mathematics) at not more than two sittings in the GCE, NECO, WAEC examination, or any of its approved equivalent.
List Of All Courses Offered In The Katsina State University
& Education and Physics
& English Language
& Political Science
& Public Administration
& Education and Hausa
& Education and Islamic Studies
& Education and Arabic
& Education and Biology
& Industrial Chemistry
& Islamic Studies
& Medical Biochemistry
& Arabic Studies
& Business Administration
& Computer Science
& Education and Mathematics
& Education and Chemistry
& Education and Economics
& Education and English Language
& Education and Geography / Physics
How To Apply For Any Of The Course Above
- Log in to your portal on the school’s website.
- Input your JAMB UTME registration number and then select your year of entry.
- Input your password (default password is always your surname)
- Select Undergraduate Screening Exercise.
- Make payment on the website for the application form, and fill in the application form.
You can either make payment via the online payment platform using your debit card details or using the e-tranzact platform where you generate your payment invoice and head to any bank for payment.
- Submit the form.
The Katsina State University is among the best you can find out there. They set rules and abide by them. There give no room for immoral activities and they try their best to minimize cultism.
It is located in Katsina and therefore it is an Islamic University.