University of Benin (UniBen) was established in 1970 and is one of Nigeria’s first generation federal universities. UniBen started as an institute of Technology before it became a full fledged university in July 1,1971. The university has over ten faculties including a school of Medicine, Dentistry, Basic Medical sciences and an Institute of Child Health.
It offers courses at both postsecondary, undergraduate and postgraduate levels in different disciplines. The university presently has over 40,000 students enrolled in both full time and part time programmes.
JUPEB (Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board) certificate enables aspiring university students to gain Direct Entry Admission into 200 level of any of UnIBen’s degree programmes or other JUPEB-affliated universities in Nigeria. JUPEB certificate is equivalent to the Advanced level (GCE) or IJMB or HSC. Candidates admitted into the programme are exposed to an intensive academic work consisting of any three subject combinations relevant to their preferred field of study.
These subject combinations are further broken down into four courses thus each candidate is required to take six courses per semester and since the JUPEB programme holds for two academic semesters then each candidate will take twelve courses at the end of the programme. Candidates will also offers one general studies course per semester thus making a sum total of fourteen courses all through the programme duration. Note that the General Studies Course offered by each candidate must be relevant to the preferred course of study.
Admission Requirements Into UniBen’s JUPEB Programme
- Applicants must possess at least 5 credit passes at O’level including Maths and English obtained in not more than two sittings.
- Applicants must purchase the form, write and pass the screening test for JUPEB before they can be granted admission into the programme.
- All applicants must be aged 16 years and above.
READ ALSO- How To Pay On Google Play Store Using The 9pay Platform And Other Transactions
How To Apply For UniBen JUPEB Programme
- Visit the website at www.uniben.edu
- Select Prospective students and select JUPEB then click on Application Form to purchase the form
- Pay the sum of #15,000 online using your ATM card or pay at any commercial bank for the Application form.
- Return to the portal after payment and click on “Register for Application” fill out the application form correctly
- Upload a recent coloured passport photograph on a red background
- Review the form and and correct any mistake before submitting. Print out a copy of the examination scehdule slip which should carry your username and password.
UniBen JUPEB Entrance Examination Date
Application closes on Friday August 17,2018 while the entrance examination will take place on August 25, 2018 at the University of Benin.
UniBen And Other Institutions JUPEB Cut-off Mark
- Faculty of Engineering : 8 points and above for all engineering courses
- Faculty of Medical sciences: 12 points and above
- Faculty of science: 6 points and above
- Faculty of Social sciences: 7 points and above
- Faculty of law: 13 points and above
- Faculty of Management sciences: 6 points and above
- Faculty of Arts: 5 points and above