Caleb University is located at Imota along Lagos-Ogun expressway. The university is privately owned and was established on 7 January 2008 by Prince Oladega Adebogun.
The history of the university cannot be complete without mentioning the initial seed from which the idea for a private university came forth. In 1986, the founder and owner , Prince Oladega saw the need to upgrade the failed system of education found in most public primary and secondary school and thus he established Caleb Nursery and Primary School, the establishment and growth of the school led to the establishment of a secondary arm named Caleb International College. The college served as a means to continue the core values already in place in the primary arm and this naturally satisfied parents. By 2004, the school’s reputation as a great citadel of learning could not be disputed and this led to the establishment of the university.
Caleb university began full academic operations on January 7, 2008 with a pioneer set of 121 students after acquiring over 100 acres of land in Imota at Lagos State. Since then the university has grown to have over 30 departments in about several faculties and over 1000 students.
Caleb University Post UTME Process
- Applicants who selected Caleb university in UTME and scored 180 or above are qualified for the screening exercise.
- Applicants with not less than five credit passes at any O’level exam (WASCE/NECO/GCE) in relevant subjects
- Direct entry applicants can also apply for admission if they meet the minimum requirements which is five credit passes in O’level plus a first degree or certificate(NCE/OND/Advanced GCE/A’level/IJMB)
How To Apply For Caleb University Post-UTME Screening Exercise
- Interested applicants should visit any branch of Sterling Bank to purchase the application form at the cost of N10,000 only. Forms are also available online from the university’s website at www.calebuniversity.edu.ng.
- The forms should be filled and submitted to the university campus.
- Ensure you use a valid email and phone no so that you can be contacted on the day of the screening exercise.
Caleb University Hostel
Caleb University offers accommodation to students who wish to live within the university’s environment. The hostel accommodation fee is paid at the beginning of every semester at any of the stipulated banks and then the bank teller is taken to the bursary department where it will be exchanged for the official receipt. There are basically three types of hostel accommodation available to all students (Male/female) at Caleb university.
- 6 Bedded Room :This is meant to house 6 students and costs #70,000/ semester for each student
- 4 Bedded Room: This accommodation type houses 4students and costs #100/ semester for each student.
- 2 Bedded Room: This type houses only 2 students and costs #180,000/ semester for each student.
The accommodation fees are paid per semester and since there are two semesters in an academic session, students are required to pay twice in a session to get access to accommodation. Students must have also paid the school fees in full along with the accommodation fees before they can be deemed eligible for accommodation which is based on a first come first served basis.