Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) was established on July 30, 1980 and was formerly called Anambra State University of Science and Technology (ASUTECH). The university was established in order to serve as a catalyst in the technological advancement of the people and also as a non residential multi-campus .
ESUT happens to be the first university of technology and first state university in Nigeria. The main campus is located at Enugu with three other mini campuses located at Abakaliki where the faculties of Agric science and Veterinary medicine is located, Awka where the faculty of Basic and Applied sciences, Law and Social sciences is located and Nnewi where the faculty of Health sciences is located.
The main campus at Enugu is the administrative centre and also where the faculty of Management science is located. ESUT has nine faculties, over thirty departments and also a school of postgraduate studies.
ESUT Direct Entry Admission Requirements
- All applicants must possess a minimum of five credits passes at O’level including Maths and English and at not more than two sittings
- Two credit passes at the Advanced level IJMB/JUPEB/ Cambridge plus five credits at O’level.
- Passes in two major subjects at NCE in addition to O’level requirements or OND certificate not lower than lower credit or HSC
- Have an acceptable score at the Direct Entry Screening Exercise.
- Applicants will be selected and offered admission based on a combination of candidate’s certificates and direct entry screening result.
READ ALSO- How To Obtain College Of Education Warri Form, Register Courses And Pay School Fees On The Portal
Direct Entry Application Procedure
- Applicants should visit the Remita website at www.remita.ng to generate a payment invoice which contains a Remita number. Take the payment invoice containing the number to any commercial bank to pay the sum of five thousand naira (#5,000)
- Log into esut.edu.ng
- Click on the link “University Portal” at the top right hand corner of the homepage
- CClick on “Direct Entry” and click on “Generate invoice”
- Enter your phone number then click on the “Submit” button
- Enter your full names and email address then click on Submit
- Print out the Direct Entry Application form payment slips
- Go to any commercial bank with the slip to pay the required sum
- Return to the portal at portal.esut.edu.ng
- Click on ” Direct Entry ” menu
- Click on the “Direct Entry Application Form” then enter your RRR number issued at the bank then click “Submit”.
- Fill and complete the Application form correctly
- Attach and scan a coloured passport photograph (White background not more than 100kb)
- Click on the “Submit” button then print out an “Acknowledgement slip”.
- Ensure you register with a valid email and phone number so you would be informed about the date of the screening exercise which will take place at the main campus at Enugu.
How To Check ESUT Direct Entry Admission Status
- Visit the ESUT Admission portal at http://portal.esut.edu.ng/Modules/Admission/CheckAdmStatus.aspx
- Enter your JAMB registration number
- Click on “Submit” to see your admission status