Planning on going to Greece? Nigerian citizen’s needs a visa for travelling to Greece as tourist, such a stay is usually short with a 90 days period which the visa expires in 90 days. All applicants are required to be present when applying for visa and there are documents that are required.
However, depends on the purpose of your travel to Greece, there are different types of visas that will apply to any occasion. Note that whether you are planning to go on a visit, to study or work, want to reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different Greece Schengen Visa, accordingly.
Here Are The General Requirement For Greece Tourist, Visitors And Business Visa For Nigerian
Greece tourist, visitors or business visa requirements are similar to the other Schengen visas requirements. The requirements depend on whether you are travelling for tourism, business or visiting. Below are the requirements:
- You need an International Passport that is valid for six months beyond your stay in Greece and should have at least one blank page available for visa stamp.
- A completed Greece visa application form
- 2 passport photographs which should be recent and it must be taken on a plain background.
- An invitation letter from your host in Greece explaining the relationship of the applicant and host.
- You need a letter from your sponsoring company on the company’s letterhead, introducing the applicant, and indicating the applicant’s employment position and status in the company, with the reason of the applicant’s visit to Greece (applicable to employees).
- And for employer, you need a proof of existence of business. Provide your business license and tax reports.
- Provide Travel Arrangement and a Confirmable flight documents showing the airline and dates of travel.
- Proof of a Hotel reservation.
- A medical insurance which should cover the entire duration of your stay. And note that the Greece Schengen-standard insurance cover must be capable of bearing medical bills worth 30,000 Euros.
- Provide a proof that you have sufficient funds that will support your stay in Greece, such as six months bank statement which should be stamped and signed by your bank.
- Provide a proof of social ties, such as your marriage certificate (for married) or birth certificate of children (if applicable)
The Greece Visa Processing Procedures
- VFS Global is the organization that handles all Greece Schengen related visa
- Ensure you personally submit the Greece visa application form that is dully completed at the visa application centers in Lagos or Abuja.
- Also note that all submitted documents will be examined by the Greece embassy officials in Abuja or Lagos center.
- Note that once you submit any application by proxy, by mailed or application by courier, it will be disapproved.
- You can submit all dully completed application from Monday to Friday by 8am to 3pm.
- All applicants are required to be present for an interview at the Greece embassy before the visa can be approved.
- Please note that as a requirement, you are to pay a non-refundable visa fee at the visa application office before the processing of your application.
- For Short Term Visas for adults will cost 60 euros
- While Short Term Visas for children between 0 to 6 years going on tourism will be FREE
- And a Short Term Visas for children between 6 to 12 years going on tourism cost 35 euros
- Please note that this fee does not include visa service charges.
- The Greece visa service costs between 80 USD to 275 USD, that is, about 30,000 Naira to 100,000 Naira on the average.
- All visa application fee will be paid in Naira depending on the current exchange rate.