The University of Jos is a prestigious institution for studying in Nigeria. The school is located at the heart of the Vibrant city of jos. Jos is known Nationwide as a city for unwinding, Cheap foodstuffs And a range of hills and mountains coupled with a very cool cold weather.
University of Jos offers quality Education to all it’s students and also boasts of highly respected professors in different academic field of study. The School has one of the best law faculty in all of Nigeria.
University of Jos offers the basic Bsc degree to students but also offers master degree and PhD degree to those who aspire to reach such academic heights. This article will expose you to the know how of Unijos Requirements for a post graduate position in the citadel of learning.
General Admission Requirements For Postgraduate Studies
If you intend running a Postgraduate Programme at the University of Jos,you must have a good (First or second class) Honours Degree of this University or other Universities approved by the Senate of University of Jos. It should be noted that the first degree should be intune with the current discipline you want to go for.
For aspirants in M.Phil/Ph.D programme,they must in addition possess a Masters degree in the relevant discipline. M.Phil/Ph.D Entrants are in addition required to have returned a score average (S.A) of 60% and above in the final assessment result for the Masters Degree as well as 60% and above in the Research Project.
Requirements Based On Faculties And Departments
Faculty Of Arts
- Entrants for admission into the department of English must possess at least a second class Honours degree in English or in Education with English specialization from a recognized University. For the M.Phil and Ph.D degree, Candidates must have a good M.A in the relevant areas of English Language or Literature in English in which they seek to do a further postgraduate study.
Department Of Geography And Planning
- M.Sc.Entrants seeking admission to Environmental and Resources Planning (ERP) and Population and Man Power Planning (PMP) Programmes must have at least a second class Honours degree in Geography or closely related disciplines from recognized universities.
2. Entrants for Urban and Regional Planning (URP) Programme must possess a good second class Honours degree in Geography or Planning or any of the disciplines in Environmental Sciences from recognized Universities.
3. M.Phil/Ph.DEntrants may be accepted for M.Phil/Ph.D degrees in Environmental and Resources Planning, Population and Manpower Planning and Urban and Regional Planning. Such Entrants should possess M.Sc. or M.Phil. degrees in relevant disciplines from recognized universities.
Faculty of Law
To qualify for the admission to the L.M. Degree and M.A. Law and Diplomacy programmes, the candidate must possess at least a Second Class LL.B Degree awarded by this or any other approved University.
Faculty Of Social Sciences
- Entrants for a Masters degree in the Department of Political Science: M.Sc. Political Economy and M.Sc. all International Relations and Strategic Studies must have a minimum of Second Class degree in one of Political Science, History, Economics or Sociology
- Entrants for MPA must have a minimum of Second Class degree in any of Political Science, Public Administration, History, Economics or Sociology with a minimum GPA of 3.50 and a minimum of 2 years Post Graduation experience.
Application And Payment Procedure
Visit mis.unijos.edu.ng and scroll down to select Application Forms. Click Create Account to create an account using a functional email address and phone number.
To pay for the application form, visit www.remita.net
- Click “Pay a Federal Government Agency”
- On the column displaying “Name of MDA”, type “University of Jos”
- Type of Service/Purpose – Select “PG APPLICATION FORM”
- Finish filling the form with the required Informations and then pay the Required sum of 15,000 Naira via a bank or your debit/credit card on the portal.
Revisit mis.unijos.edu.ng and scroll down to select Application Forms. At this juncture, Registration should be continued and you log in with your email and password to continue filling out the online Application Form.
Carefully fill out and save each tab. All Candidates should endeavour to upload the required credentials and certificates in pdf format.
After filling out all the tabs, click Complete Application to submit the application.
Download, print and transmit the Transcript Request Form for your transcript to your University to process, with the address of Department of your choice. A photocopied hard copy of your transcript should be sent directly to the Department of your choice, and not to the School of Postgraduate Studies.
ALL CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO NOTE THIS CRITICALLY
- Only functional email address and phone number should be used. All further correspondence will be done through the email address and phone number provided.
- Reference forms are sent electronically.
- Any sort of Correction on personal information or change of course after completion of application form may attract a fee. Kindly ensure that the online form is carefully and correctly completed.