The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a matriculation conducting board also known as the UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) set up by an Act in 1978. This examination is a once a year conducted examination to all students who chose to further in their academics into the higher level of education and empowered to lead the registration processes of students seeking admission.
Other function of the board includes The general power to direct the matriculation examination into all institutions such as Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, etc.; and the ability to position qualified candidates appropriately into the higher institutions as it is in a joint effort with the institutions.
JAMB Examination Eligibility For All Candidates
The qualification for the examination is eligible only to those who have to sit for the below examinations and qualifies it:
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE)
- The West African School Certificate (WASC)
- The National Technical Certificate or the National Business Certificate (NTC/NBC) etc.
The Registration Processes
All the prospective candidates for JAMB examination are expected to undergo registration before being eligible to the examination.
Below is the necessity for all the candidates who intend to write the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination
- All prospective candidates must have an email address and a valid cell phone number
- Applicants must possess either A’LEVEL results or an O’LEVEL Results as no recommendation from any of the institution will be accepted.
- On the JAMB portal, every applicant must have a JAMB profile.
READ ALSO- How To Register Courses, Pay School Fees On Fedpolynas And All You Must Know
The JAMB profile can be created through the following ways
- Logging on to www.jamb.org.ng, be it on an Android, iOS, Windows or even the Bank or the NIPOST
Banks and NIPOST are used mostly for the payment of the JAMB E-PIN registration
- Fill up the required details where necessary.
Note: All information must be valid such as email address, applicant names, date of birth, local government area etc.
4. Print out of the payment confirmation is compulsory for every applicant as the confirmation, JAMB generated the profile, and the personal information provided will be used in accreditation of the examination center for each candidate.
The examination center for each applicant is expected to supply the following to the applicant at no additional cost:
- The Prescribed reading text
- A CD containing the following
- E-handout (brochure) demonstrating rules of the institutions and the available programs of study in the institutions.
- E-syllabus for the examination
- A guide to ease the completion of the application form
- A demo and a video message from the board registrar
5. Uploading of Capturing and Biometrics of the applicants ten fingers are to be done in the examination center.
6. Applicants with awaiting results should provide the result once available on the board portal (JAMB portal).
7. For evidence purposes, E-slip should be collected by applicants by the end of the registration exercise.
8. For the appropriate completion of the application form, applicants are to provide valid information where necessary.
How To Take The Examination
To all the applied and registered candidates for the JAMB CBT examination, it is vital to note the following once logged-in into the examination page
- The Displayed Subject
- The Provided Time
- The Given Instruction
- The Remaining Time
- The Navigation button
Note: After each chosen answers, candidates are to click on the SAVE button for a complete submission and to also move to the next question.