Sule Lamido University Jigawa formerly called Jigawa State University is an higher institution of learning owned and operated by the Jigawa state government. It was established in 2013 to provide good quality tertiary education to indigenes and non- indigenes of Jigawa state.
The history of the university can be traced back to June 22, 210 when the state executive council constituted a 9- member technical committee which included the academy brief and the draft of the proposed university. The state executive council in February 2013 considered the report and approved the establishment of a university to be called the Jigawa State University, Kafin Hausa.
The university is envisaged to be ICT driven and entreprenuerial in orientation. The brief also provided that the university should commence admissions in the 2013/3014 sessiin and run through a four-phased-5-year development when it would have three schools, twenty faculties, fifty nine dwpartments and two hundred and one programmes across all the levels by the year 2032.
How To Apply For Admission
- Applicants must select Sule Lamido University as their first choice in UTME and score a minimum of 170 to qualify for admission.
- Applocants must have at least five credit passes in not more than two sittings in any O’ level exam ( WASCE/NECO/NABTEB/GCE). Credit passes in English and Maths is compulsory.
- Candidates applying for direct entry must possess at least a lower credit at Ordinary National Diploma for polytechnic graduates,a Merit pass at NCE for college of Education graduates and 8 points in the IJMB/A’level exams.
- Candidate must bring the following documents and their photocopies to the screening venue: Acknowledgement slip,evidence of payment of application fees,WAEC statement of result, UTME result slip, two recent passport photographs with white background, birth certificate or declaration of age and certificate of indigeneship
READ ALSO- Paga Savings Wallet: How To Register And All You Need To Know About Different Saving Plans
School Fees Schedule
The school fees for Sule Lamido University is listed below, note that all fees must be paid into the school’s account at Unity Bank Kafin Hausa. Also acceptance fees must be paid on or before stipulated deadline before an admission letter can be issued to the candidate.
- Admission Acceptance fees- #2000
- School fees (Humanity based indigenes)-#30,000
- School fees (Science based indigenes)-#35,000
- School fees (Humanity based non- indigenes)-60,000
- School fees ( Science based non- indigenes)-70,000.
- Foreign students (Humanity based )-#100,000
- Foreign students ( Science based)-#120,000
- Hostel (Optional)
Online Course Registration Process
- Visit the official website at https://slu.edu.ng/
- Click your program under “Undergraduate” then login.
- Select course registration and enter your courses after confirming the available courses then save
- Save and submit online.
- Print out the course form and stamp at your departmental office.
List of Available Courses
– Arabic studies
– Education and Biology
– Education and English language
– Computer science
– Education and Mathematics
– Education and Physics
– English Language
– Islamic Studies
Check Results Online
- Visit the official website at https://slu.edu.ng/ then login
- Enter your matric no and password then click the “results button”
- Save and print your results.
1 thought on “Jigawa State University: How To Register Courses, Check Result And Pay School Fees Online”