Kampala International University (KIU) is a university in Uganda. It is a private institution that has a multi campus cut across the city.
The main campus it located in Kansanga, in Makindye, the south east region of Kampala, the capital of the country Uganda. Kampala is not only the capital of Uganda, but it is also the largest city in the country, Uganda.
The university was established in the year 2001, and it acquired its charter as a university in the month of March, year 2009. The motto of the Kampala International University, Uganda is Exploring the Heights. The Vice Chancellor is in person of Mr. Peter. K. Tibenderana.
The university has more than two hundred and fifty (250) Administrative staff, and the number of student currently studying in this university is over twelve thousand (12,000).
How To Register For Courses In The Kampala International University
The Kampala international university does their admission process three times in one academic year. The periods of admission in this university runs from December to January, March to April, and August to September.
If you are interested in the Kampala international university and wish to apply for any course in this university, you will need to follow some simple steps which have been outlined below.
READ ALSO- How To Use Access Mobile App For Different Transactions And All The Benefits
- Visit any of the offices concerned with the admissions process of the school. This offices are located in the main campus and in the different campuses. Go there and obtain an application form. The Admission offices are cut across various countries. You can also download the application form online from the web site kiu.ac.ug
- Fill the application form completely with the correct details. Let it be neatly filled with no mistakes at all. With the application form, you will need to attach the following items for submission;
- Three (3) recent passport photo of you.
- One (1) duplicate copy of your birth certificate
- Three (3) photocopies each of your O’level result, A’level result, or any of the acceptable equivalent (like your Diploma and Bachelor Degrees)
- Three (3) copies of your bachelor and masters degree program transcript which would be sent from your previous institution to the Kampala International University directly. That is your undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Proof of payment for the application form. The photocopy of your application fee receipt.
- Letter of recommendation from your previous institution or employer.
- You are expected to pay an application fee when you are submitting the application form.
- The application fee is fifty thousand (50,000) and the currency is in the Ugandan shillings. This fee is for Uganda citizens only and the fee for foreign applicant is fifty (50) USD.
- Submit your correctly filled form with the attachments listed above to the address below.
The Director Of Admissions
Kampala International University
P.O Box 20000
Note that submission is to be done physically or by post.
There are no rooms for online submission.
All interested applicant are expected to visit the school’s web site regularly as any useful information would be updated on the site only.
Please note that any information not on the school’s web site are more likely to be rumours only and nothing more.