Wema Bank PLC is among the oldest indigenous commercial bank in Nigeria. Having been in the banking business industry for over 70 years, they have introduces another system of digital banking where you only need a smartphone to operate as if you were actually in the banking premises.
This digital banking system is what is called ALAT by Wema.
This is the first digital banking of it kind in the sense that you do not need to come to the bank to do any transaction unlike the traditional system of banking.
Alat by Wema is aimed at reducing the cost and stress of coming to the bank and also with a high graphical interface, it also increases efficiency, productivity and gives better user experience.
How To Download The Alat By Wema App
To make use of the Alat by Wema banking service, you first have to download the Alat by Wema App.
The application works for both android OS and iPhone iOS.
To download this application;
- Kindly go to the app store on your mobile device. Either Google Play Store on android device or Apple App Store on Apple devices.
- You would click on the search bar and type in “Alat by Wema”
Your app store would bring the app to display on your screen.
- Click and the app icon, and click on install to download the app.
Visit the Alat by Wema website at www.alat.ng to download the app.
Once you have successfully installed the application, you can sign up or register in just few minutes.
How To Register On The Alat By Wema App
The Wema bank PLC has promised registration in six minutes only, from your phone. Registering with the Wema Alat is the simplest account opening registration you would ever find. Everything is done right on your phone and you do not need to visit any bank to authorize anything. Once you are done, you can start using your account immediately.
All what you need are just simple documents which every one should have already. They include;
- Your BVN number
- Your phone number
- Your Utility bill (pictured and sent to them through the app)
- Any photo for valid identification of a government approved ID (it could be your National Identity Card, pictured and sent to them)
- Your recent Passport photograph
These are the required documents for opening a Wema Alat account.
How To Register For A Wema Alat Account
- Launch the app by clicking the app icon in your smartphone.
- Input all required details and upload the picture documents.
After following these easy steps,your account will be ready for use.
When registering, you will be asked to choose your desired debit card from one of the three designs shown to you.
This would be delivered to you in two working days with no charges collected from you.
With the Alat by Wema, you can perform the following transaction from your mobile phone:
Account holders documentation, Money Deposit, Withdrawal, Transfers, Management of account, Applying for Financial Products, Loan Management, Bill Payment, and Account Services.