The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission also (NERC) is regarded as an independent regulatory agency in Nigeria which was inaugurated and established on the 31st of October 2005 as provided in the Electric Power Sector Reform Act 2005 as Amended by the law. The commission Is widely perceived in the country as the mouth piece of the populace whom has the sole regulatory mandate to monitor all the operators and their operations and services rendered to the consumers at large.
Functions Of Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC)
The Commission is mandated to carry out the following functions:
- They monitor and regulate the electricity industry in Nigeria.
- The regulatory also carryout the Issuance of licenses to market participants, and
- Ensure full compliance with the market rules and operating guidelines as stated by the Regulatory.
- To develop in consultation with licensees, customer service standards.
- Ensure Fair pricing rules are maintained across board.
- Facilitate constant communication with the consumers to ensure they understand their rights and obligations.
- Ensure materials on consumer rights (safety, service, e.t.c) are up to date, available and readily accessible.
- The Commission is also to establish and ensure an effective dispute resolution mechanism to guarantee consumer protection while also encouraging private sector participation.
Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission Office Addresses In Nigeria
To report any irregularity by your operator, please contact any of the address below. However it is advisable that you contact the Officer in charge of your Zone for proper assistance.
Plot 1099, First Avenue
Off Shehu Shagari Way, Central Business District
P.M.B. 136, Garki,
READ ALSO: Eko Electricity Distribution Company: How To Make Payment And Their Offices
ADDRESSES OF ZONAL OFFICES AND OFFICERS IN CHARGE
|S/N||NAME||ZONAL OFFICE / ADDRESS||PHONE/ EMAIL|
|1|| Mr. Friday Sule
Plot Not BNA796961
Off David Mark bye pass
Makurdi, Benue State
|2||Mr. Mohammed Umar Fufore||North East:
No.2 Government House Road
Gombe, Gombe State.
|3|| Mr. Hassan Gwandu:
No. 1 Garba Duba
Sokoto, Sokoto State.
|4||Mr. Ekeh Samuel Chukwuemeka
No. 178 Area B Housing Estate (Opposite Achike Udenwa Exclusive Garden),
New Owerri, Imo State.
|5||Mr. Ene Effiom A. (Esq)
43 Murtala Mohammed Way, Calabar, Cross Rivers State.
|6||Engr. Joseph D. John:||South West Km 5, Iworoko Road
Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
1 thought on “Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC): Their Office Addresses And Their Functions”
At alubarika bode olude mawuko road in abeokuta ogun state a woman called mrs o.o adesola representing ibdec has turned us to a money making maching through cracy and irrational bill being giving every month which is 10,000 naira monthly for a single house and we have paid for pre paid since 26 9 2016 and we have not been given kindly call this woman to order in an attempt to reach in on phone she didnt pick it thanks