It is good to know that the Nigerian Navy is part of the largest Armed Forces in Africa, the Nigerian Armed Forces. And apart from being part of the largest armed force, it happens to be among the largest navies in the continent of African.
Please note that the official Nigerian Navy Short Service application portal is where any person can complete all applications. Today, we will show you how to apply for the Nigerian navy short service through the official application portal.
Note that every year the portal opened for qualified civilians or military personnel who are willing to participate in the annual Direct Short Service Commissions (DSSC) training.
You should also be aware that not all applicants get selected. So you will need to play your own part by completing your registration with the right information, and also knowing all the requirements for registering with the Nigerian Navy so that you won’t make any unnecessary mistakes along the line.
READ ALSO- How To Use Ecobank USSD Code For Different Transactions And The Charges Involved
The Application Requirements
For you to successfully complete the online application into the Nigerian Navy, you must meet up with the general requirements below:
- All applicants must never provide any false information or submit a fake certificates. Submitting of any false information or certificates will lead to disqualification and also a subsequent prosecution of a guilty applicant.
- Applicants need to have graduated with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division that is if you’re a degree holder or an Upper Credit if you are a HND (Higher National Diploma) holder.
- To have good knowledge of computer operations (computer literacy) is not a criteria; but however, it will be an added advantage.
- All applicants must have certificates of full registration with professional bodies as relevant to their professions or field of study.
- For those who studied abroad, ensure your foreign certificate is authenticated by the Federal ministry of education.
- Note that married men and women are not permitted to apply for the Direct Short Service Commissions program of the Nigerian Navy.
- All applicants must be able to present their O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), including any other results like NECO, NABTEB, or GCE. In addition, having credit in Mathematics and English Language is compulsory.
- All candidates must be able to present a proof of their NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption as applicable to them.
- Note that all applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters tall (males) and 1.65 meters tall ( for female).
- Also note that you must not be above the age of 28 and less than the 22 years. But however, if you’re applying as a chaplain or Imam, you can be older than 28, but not more than 30 years.
How To Apply
Before you apply, you must meet all the above requirements, after which, follow the guide below to complete your application into the Nigerian Navy via Direct Short Service Commissions (DSSC):
- You need to visit the official website of the Nigerian Navy at www.joinnigeriannavy.com
- Next, click on the “register” link.
- After which, you will be presented with all the requirements, you can read, scroll down and click on register.
- Input your valid email, then create your password and click on register.
- You must complete all the forms you’re provided with.
- You can submit your application and then print out all the documents you’re provided with.
1 thought on “Nigerian Navy Short Service: The Requirements, The Courses And All You Must Know”