France happens to be one of the biggest country in European continent. The country has lots of beautiful places to visit, that is the reason many travellers all over the world loves to choose them as their number one tourism distinction.
French is the official language of France and city of Paris is its capital. Though English is the main language for immigrants and visitors, and it is also widely spoken during business transactions.
If you intend to travel to France and you are not quite then, in today post, we will share with you all you need to know on how to apply for your own visa and all the required document.
How To Apply
- To apply for France visiting visa kindly follow the procedures below:
- Visit the France visa web portal and create an account
- Carefully fill the visa application form online
- After filling the visa application form, you can then download the completed application form and the document checklist
- You can then put together all the necessary document that will be needed.
- Book an appointment with the VFS visa application office
- Make sure you attend the appointment and then submit the application form at the VFS office
- You can then pay for the visa processing fee
- You can submit your biometric if its applicable to the kind of visa you are applying a
- Wait for a notification from VFS
- Next will be the collection of your passport
Please note that the visa application process takes around 10 to 14 working days and ensure you apply for the France visa for at least one month before your intending time of travelling.
READ ALSO- Unicef Nigeria: Address, Recruitment, Phone, Email And All You Need To Know With Contact Details
- You will need an international passport that has at least a valid period of 6 months and 3 available blank page
- You will need 2 current passport size photograph that should be coloured and should meet Schengen picture requirement
- You will need to submit at least 3 months of your bank account statement
- You will present the receipt of your visa application fee paid which you downloaded after completing the application form online
- You will provide evidence of hotel reservation
- You need a duly completed France visa application form
- You will provide a travel insurance that will cover the duration you want to spend in France.
- You will provide letter of invitation
- Provide duplicate copies of previous Schengen visas where applicable.
The Requirement For People Under 18 Years Of Age
The following documents must be provided:
- You will need to provide the copy of parents passport
- You will provide a certificate of birth
- You will provide a letter of consent from the parents.
To avoid rejection from the embassy, make sure you have all the needed documents.
Cost Of France Visa Processing Fee
- Short stay visa for children under the age of 6 to 12 years will cost ₦14, 500
- Short stay visa for adults will cost around ₦25, 000
- Short stay visa for children below 6 years is free
- The VFS processing service charge is ₦5, 700
Lagos office where to apply for France visa
Admiral Ayinla way, Lekki-Epe Expressway, plot 110, Lagos