The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is a federal government open and distance learning educational institution. The very first of its kind in the West Africa sub- region, it holds a unique statue of being Nigeria’s largest tertiary institution in terms of students number.
The institution was first established on July 22, 1983 but was suspended by the government on April 25, 1984 before being resuscitated and began operation on April 12,2001 during the regime of President Olusegun Obasanjo. By its nature as an Open and distance learning center, the institution does not conduct lectures in normal classrooms as do conventional universities but rather provides some certain study centers.
The Lagos study center however conducts lectures to law undergraduates and at the same time supplies necessary course materials after the all necessary payment of school fees as been met. All the courses available in NOUN have been accredited by the Nigeria University Commission (NUC). NOUN also awards degrees for remedial, diploma and postgraduate educational levels.
– Ph.D all qualified applicants will be invited for an interactive session before they are given admission. The institution is also unique in some aspects such as:
– It is immune to strike. Due to an act of Parliament during its establishment, the staff and students of NOUN are prohibited from forming or joining any Union. This means that the institution is not a part of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and that the institution is immune to strike.
-Initially, NOUN graduates were exempted from the National service and graduates of law barred from admission into law schools, however, this situation had changed as the university’s efforts to ensure that graduates under 30 go for service has yielded results as now NOUN graduates can take part in the NYSC scheme and law graduates can also enroll at law schools.
NOUN offers postgraduate degrees such as postgraduate diploma (PGD), masters degree (M.A/M.ED/MBA/M.SC/Mphil) and doctorate degree (P.hD) in various fields.
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
– Possession of a minimum of second class lower division first degree in any relevant field from an accredited institution.
– For PGD, possession of third class first degree in any relevant field
– HND holders with a minimum of lower credit from institutions recognized by NOUN senate.
– Law candidates must possess minimum of L.L.B degree
– Ph.D applicants must possess a masters degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 3.5 CGPA from a university recognized by NOUN senate.
– Ph.D applicants will be invited for an interactive session before being given admission
READ ALSO- JUPEB Portal: How To Register And Check Examination Results Online
Admission Or Application Process
- Go to any branch of these banks ( Skye, Ecobank, Zenith, FCMB, UBA, IBTC and Wema bank) ask for NOUN payment slip then you fill in the details correctly then submit. You will be given an application pin code equal to the amount of money you paid for the form
- Visit the website www.noun.edu.ng and click application form
- Use the application pin you were given at the bank to access your NOUN application form.
- Fill in the correct details in the fields provided then submit by clicking the submit button at the bottom of the page to complete your application.
- Print out your admission letter.
NOUN is a fair and flexible institution so students get to set their pace, place, time, duration and medium of study. Students’ study centers are available in these locations nationwide.
Payments And School Fees
- Application fees -Postgraduate (PGD and Masters)#7500
– Ph.D application form #10,000
- Registration.- New students #6000
– Returning students #6000
-Ph.D students. #15000
- Tuition fees – New students (PGD and mssters) #40,000
– Returning students ( 1st semester) #23,000
– Returning students (2nd semester) #13,000
- Ph.D students. -Course registration/ course. -#10,000
-Laboratory access fee -#20,000
– ID. Card -#2,500
– Library -#10,000
– ICT administrative charges -#10,000
– Exam fee – #3000
– E facilitation – #6000
How To Pay School Fees
- Visit and log onto the school portal, proceed to click on make payment
- Click pay via Remita. When the Remita button loads up, input the amount you want to pay
- Click on generate Remita Payment Reference (RRR).Write down the RRR then log off
- You can pay via internet banking using the generated RRR or visit any commercial bank and pay on the Remita platform
- Your student’s e-wallet will be credited in less than 20minutes.
1 thought on “NOUN Postgraduate Admission Requirements, Pay School Fees And The Duration Of Study”