The management of Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), has announced the sales of applications forms for the admission into the full-time and part-time postgraduate programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The Requirement For The OAU Postgraduate Admission Programmes
For The Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
To be admitted in to the Postgraduate Diploma of the University, all applicants must be a graduate of the OAU with at least 3rd Class Degree or a graduate from any other University approved by the school senate with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower.
For The Master Degree Programmes
All applicant are expected to possess not lower than Second Class Lower Division Honours Degree of the Obafemi Awolowo University or any other University that is approved by the senate.
For The Master Of Philosophy Degree Programmes:
All applicants are expected to possess a first class or a very strong second class (Upper Division) with CGPA of 4.0 and above.
For The Doctor Of Philosophy Degree Programmes
All applicants for the admission to the Ph.D. Degree programme are expected to be a graduate of the Obafemi Awolowo University or any other University approved by the senate, who possesses a Master Degree with research thesis and a weighted coursework average which should normally be not less than 60 %(B+).
Please note that in addition to the admission requirements as mentioned, and in accordance with the University regulations, all Candidates must satisfy the ‘O’ Level requirements for matriculation into first degree programmes of the Obafemi Awolowo University, which are Five Credit passes at not more than two sittings with Mathematics and English Language (where required).
To Apply For The OAU Postgraduate Programme
To get the application Form, you will need to take the following steps:
- You will need to visit www.apply.oaunetque.com
- Then click on Create application account and use an active personal e-mail address and password to set up your account.
- You need to singn in with the e-mail and password and accurately fill the pages of the application form.
- Next, click on Remita to pay the application processing fee with your ATM card from any banks
- After this, applicants should forward the following relevant documents in support of their applications.
- The Photocopy of University Degree Certificate
- The Photocopy of your NYSC Discharge Certificate
- The Photocopy of your ‘O’ Level Certificate(s) (WAEC or NECO)
- The Photocopy of your Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age
- Your original academic transcript gotten from your institution plus a duly
completed downloaded OAU Postgraduate College Transcript Label; from (i) to (v)
which must be properly addressed to:
the Admission Officer,
the Postgraduate College office,
the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
Please also note that another set of relevant documents in support of your applications as specified in the (i) to (v) should also be forwarded to the Head of Department of your choice of admission.
Here Are Additional Information
The application processing fee for all programmes will costs about N15, 000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira only), while all Professional programmes will costs the sum of N20, 000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira Only).
However, the application processing fee can also be paid using the OAU Postgraduate online application scratch cards.
Please note that the progress of completed application forms can be monitored online and notification will be sent to all applicants once decisions are made on the applications.
All applicants will be notified of the status of their applications via e-mail address.