Unilorin remedial is the pre degree programme offered by university of Ilorin for students who wish to gain admission into the institution but lack the entire requirements and skills. This platform therefore helps to prepare students ahead of the university education especially in the core subjects they will later be faced with later in their course of study.
Basically, you need to have a complete O level results which will include five (5) credit passes in either WAEC, NECO or NABTEB. This must not be mote than two sittings and should include mathematics and English language. If you have this, you may apply for the unilorin remedial programme.
Unilorin Remedial Application
Students who are not able to gain admission directly into university of Ilorin may apply for the remedial programme. By the time you are done with the one year programme, you would have gain all the needed knowledge, skill and confidence for the normal admission. Here are the steps;
- Log on to the unilorin remedial website, https://remedial.unilorin.edu.ng
- Create an account and you will receive your login details in your email
- Login with your details and complete your biodata form. Please note that you will be required to upload your passport photograph and scanned signature.
- Next is to navigate and select course of study. Here you will be required to select three (3) choices of course of study with their faculties.
- Next is to navigate and click on O level upload to update your O level results.
- Next is to click on payment. You will make payment base on the amount speculated at the time of your application.
With these steps, you have completed the entire application steps. If granted admission, then you may read on.
List Of Courses And Departments In Unilorin Remedial Program
- Administration:– Business Administration; – Marketing.
- Agriculture:– Food Science; – Forestry And Wildlife Management; – Home Economics; – Arts And Humanities.
- Arabic Studies:– Christian Studies; – Comparative Religious Studies; – English Language; – French; – Hausa; – History And International Studies; – Igbo; – Islamic Studies; – Linguistics; – Performing Arts; – Yoruba.
- Education:– Adult Education; – Agricultural Science And Education; – Business Education; – Computer Education; – Counselor Education; – Education & Arabic; – Education & Christian Religious Studies; – Education & Economics; – Education & Islamic Studies; – Education & Mathematics; – Education & Physics; – Education & Yoruba; – Education And Biology; – Education And Chemistry; – Education And English Language; – Education And French; – Education And Geography; – Education And History; – Education And Social Studies; – Educational Management; – Educational/ Introductory Technology; – Health Education; – Human Kinetics; – Primary Education Studies; – Social Studies; – Technology Education.
- Engineering/Technology/Environment:-Agricultural And Biosystems Engineering; – Architecture; – Biomedical Engineering; – Chemical Engineering; – Civil Engineering; – Electrical /Electronics; – Engineering Information And Communication Science; – Mechanical Engineering; – Metallurgical And Materials Engineering; – Quantity Surveying And Geoinformatics; – Telecommunication Science; – Urban And Regional Planning; – Water Resources And Environmental Engineering.
- Law/Legal Studies:– Common & Islamic Law; – Common Law.
- Med/Pharm/Health Sciences:– Anatomy; – Medicine And Surgery; – Nursing/Nursing Science; – Apothecary; – Physiology; – Veterinary Medicine; Sciences; – Biochemistry; – Biology; – Chemistry; – Computer Science; – Geology; – Industrial Chemistry; – Library And Information Science; – Mathematics; – Microbiology; – Physics; – Plant Biology; – Statistics; – Zoology.
- Social Sciences:– Accounting; – Economics; – Finance; – Geography And Environmental Management; – Mass Communication; – Political Science; – Psychology; – Social Work; – Sociology.
How To Pay School Fees
After been offered admission into the remedial programme, the first thing will be to accept the admission by paying the acceptance fee after which you proceed to the School of Preliminary Studies with your statement of results for verification and you must obtain your clearance certificate. Once successful with verification, you may now proceed to fees payment.
You are expected to have sufficient amount of money in your account before you proceed to make payment. Log on to the university of Ilorin website and navigate to the preliminary studies, login and navigate to the payment tab to make school fees payment with your ATM card online. Please note that accommodation is compulsory for all students.
How To Check Results
You can view your results through your profile online at the school of preliminary studies. Simply login into your account with your details and navigate to the results tab to check your academic performance. Note that the final results will determine whether or not you will get admission into the institution via the remedial programme.
For further enquiry, you may visit the school of preliminary studies, university of Ilorin at Fufu. They will be more than glad to attend to all your questions.