The University of Maiduguri is located in Maiduguri, Borno State. It was founded in 1975 and offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The University has eleven faculties including Faculty of Law, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Management Science, Faculty of Veterinary Science and Faculty of Education and Faculty of Engineering.
The University is one of the best in the North East and in the country as a whole. If you want to know how to register your courses, pay your school fees and make other payments and check your result on the online portal, then you are in the right place as we have compiled all these in this blog post.
How To Register Your Courses Online
To register your courses online, follow the procedure below:
- Visit the course registration portal on https://www.unimaidonline.net
- Navigate to the “Student” button and click on it
- Input your username and password to login
- Navigate to the “course” button and click on it
- Click on “registration” from the drop down menu
- Enter your session year, semester (use 1 for first semester and use 2 of second semester).
- Enter your student ID and click on search
- Select the courses you want to register from the list displayed
- Use the “add” feature to add more courses
- Click on submit
- Print your course registration form
You cannot register your course unless you have paid your school fees so here is how to pay your school fees.
General Information And All Admission Requirements
i) For all intended applicant into the Bachelor Degree in any of the Faculties, all prospective
student must satisfy every minimum University Requirement for entrance (and where
applicable, the additional faculty requirements should be rightly followed as provided in the instruction and provision governing the admission therms) detailed by Joint Admission and Metriculation Board.
ii) Follow all the approved course of study as prescribed period; Pass the required
examinations that are set out in the detailed degree regulations of various Faculties of study; pay all the appropriate fees.
iii) After going through the steps above, Kindly comply with the regulations and requirement as prescribed.
All candidate must be Minimum age of 16years on 1st October of the year of admission. General requirements for entry course in the School Certificate or General Certificate of Education (SSCE) or (GCE) of (NECO) with Credits in at least five (5) Ordinary Level subjects which must be obtained at not more than two sitting (which is subject to the Requirements of the University).
General acceptance for entry to the university one-year remedial programme, which is minimum of ordinary level credits in the relevant subjects that includes English and Mathematics.
Remedial courses are only restricted to just students from the university catchment areas. Direct Entry requirement leading to honors degree is “A” Level passes with SSCE/GCE Ordinary Level Credit passes must be included in the required subjects that must be at not more than two sittings. NCE Candidates are also required to possess two passes in two major subject and five “O” Level credit passes in the relevant subjects of study.
Additional requirement for entry applies as indicated (See JAMB “Brochure”). Application is through JAMB
How To Pay School Fees
To know your exact school fees amount, you must check with your department. After that, you should proceed to the bank to make payments and then come back to the school fees payment portal to effect your payment. To effect your payment online, follow the procedure below:
- Visit www.unimaidonline.net
- Find and click on the “Student” button
- Input your username and password and click on login
- Find and click on the payment button
- Click on “Pay through Remita” from the drop down menu
- Confirm your invoice and print
- Input your pin you were given at the bank
- Click on enter and you will be shown an invoice indicating that you have paid.
How To Check Your Result Online
You can only access results of your General Studies (GST) online. To check this result, use the procedure below:
- Visit www.unimaid.edu.ng
- Click on GST result
- Select the academic session you want to check for
- Click on it and download
- Check your result
All other results can be accessed at the school, on the notice board or any other way that the school disseminate this information.
Now there you have it. All you need to know about course registration, school fees payment and online result checking portal. Wish you all the best.